My music into ringtones

Does anyone know how to convert a clip from one my own musical cd's to a
Nokia ringtone for the model 6230.

I know how to record it onto my home computer, but how do I get it into
my Nokia 6230. I think the 6230 has a feature to set as ringtone a song
in its galley. What format should I email the song to my phone in?

Thanks
John
4 answers Last reply
More about music ringtones

    Transfer the tune, as an MP3/midi file, into your phone by use of a card
    reader, direct onto the 6230's memory (MMC) card. This will be quicker than
    transferring the file any other way.

    Then, set it as a ringtone. Sorted....

    "JVM" <wooffer@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to convert a clip from one my own musical cd's to a
    > Nokia ringtone for the model 6230.
    >
    > I know how to record it onto my home computer, but how do I get it into
    > my Nokia 6230. I think the 6230 has a feature to set as ringtone a song
    > in its galley. What format should I email the song to my phone in?
    >
    > Thanks
    > John

    Thanks Kevin very clever.

    John

    Kevin I Chapple wrote:
    > Transfer the tune, as an MP3/midi file, into your phone by use of a card
    > reader, direct onto the 6230's memory (MMC) card. This will be quicker than
    > transferring the file any other way.
    >
    > Then, set it as a ringtone. Sorted....
    >

    > "JVM" <wooffer@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Does anyone know how to convert a clip from one my own musical cd's to a
    >>Nokia ringtone for the model 6230.
    >>
    >>I know how to record it onto my home computer, but how do I get it into
    >>my Nokia 6230. I think the 6230 has a feature to set as ringtone a song
    >>in its galley. What format should I email the song to my phone in?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>John

    you can use iTunes or dBpowerAMP Music Converter as documented here:
    http://tinyurl.com/5pekh . you can also use the site to transfer your
    file to your phone if that makes it easier for you.

    --
    li_deng888
    http://cellphoneforums.net

    Hey everyone thanks for all the input on making my own ringtones. In
    the meantime I figured out another way.

    1. Copy the song off my CD with Roxio onto my computer
    2. Take the song in WAV format and chop out the section I want using
    Windows XP built in recorder. It's under accessores\entertainment
    3. Convert to MP3 using a free demo program I found on the internet.
    4. Install "bluetooth" adapter ($18.00) onto my home computer and
    transfer to Nokia 6230 for use.

    Good luck and thanks to all
    John

    li_deng888 wrote:
    > you can use iTunes or dBpowerAMP Music Converter as documented here:
    > http://tinyurl.com/5pekh . you can also use the site to transfer your
    > file to your phone if that makes it easier for you.
    >

    > --
    > li_deng888
    > http://cellphoneforums.net

Nokia