My music into ringtones

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
January 2, 2005 9:00:01 PM

Does anyone know how to convert a clip from one my own musical cd's to a
Nokia ringtone for the model 6230.

I know how to record it onto my home computer, but how do I get it into
my Nokia 6230. I think the 6230 has a feature to set as ringtone a song
in its galley. What format should I email the song to my phone in?

Thanks
John

More about : music ringtones

Anonymous
January 3, 2005 12:09:44 PM

Transfer the tune, as an MP3/midi file, into your phone by use of a card
reader, direct onto the 6230's memory (MMC) card. This will be quicker than
transferring the file any other way.

Then, set it as a ringtone. Sorted....

"JVM" <wooffer@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to convert a clip from one my own musical cd's to a
> Nokia ringtone for the model 6230.
>
> I know how to record it onto my home computer, but how do I get it into
> my Nokia 6230. I think the 6230 has a feature to set as ringtone a song
> in its galley. What format should I email the song to my phone in?
>
> Thanks
> John

Anonymous
January 4, 2005 5:38:15 AM

Thanks Kevin very clever.

John

Kevin I Chapple wrote:
> Transfer the tune, as an MP3/midi file, into your phone by use of a card
> reader, direct onto the 6230's memory (MMC) card. This will be quicker than
> transferring the file any other way.
>
> Then, set it as a ringtone. Sorted....
>

> "JVM" <wooffer@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>
>>Does anyone know how to convert a clip from one my own musical cd's to a
>>Nokia ringtone for the model 6230.
>>
>>I know how to record it onto my home computer, but how do I get it into
>>my Nokia 6230. I think the 6230 has a feature to set as ringtone a song
>>in its galley. What format should I email the song to my phone in?
>>
>>Thanks
>>John

January 9, 2005 2:35:48 AM

Hey everyone thanks for all the input on making my own ringtones. In
the meantime I figured out another way.

1. Copy the song off my CD with Roxio onto my computer
2. Take the song in WAV format and chop out the section I want using
Windows XP built in recorder. It's under accessores\entertainment
3. Convert to MP3 using a free demo program I found on the internet.
4. Install "bluetooth" adapter ($18.00) onto my home computer and
transfer to Nokia 6230 for use.

Good luck and thanks to all
John