Build Check

Just wanted to see what you guys think before I actually buy this build. I will mainly use it for gaming and video editing (This is my first time building a desktop so if I'm having some bottleneck or missing some parts, I'm still a newbie)

Motherboard - Asus Saber-tooth z77
Ram - Corsair Vengeance 16GB (8x2)
Case - Corsair Obsidian Series Black 650D
CPU - Intel Core i7-3770K
HDD - Wd black 1tb
GPU - Gtx 680 SC Sig+
PSU - Corsair Enthusiast Series 850-Watt
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master TPC 812
3 answers Last reply
More about build check
  1. You can get motherboard with those features for almost $100 less from gigabyte, asrock, or msi. I assume you have you ram backwards, because you can only have 4 sticks of ram in your motherboard. You should get a 7970ghz instead of that 680. Get a 750w. That will be sufficient with sli/cfx.
  2. Alright would the AS Rock LGA1155 support all these parts?

7970ghz vs gtx 680 can you please explain why 7970ghz is better. Thanks
  3. The 7970ghz is better than the 680 because it gets higher scores in the majority of gaming benchmarks.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
    According to tom's gpu chart the ghx edition is the fourth most powerful card, and the only ones that are stronger are double cards. It is a tier higher on the hierarchy, which isn't a huge amount by any means, but it is also cheaper and comes with 3 games for free, there is no reason that anyone should get something from the 600 series unless there is a sale.
    Get the asrock extreme4 if you go with that.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Build Corsair Systems