6230 drops GPRS over BT

Last response: in Brands
January 2, 2005 10:07:57 PM

Hello,

My 6230 will drop the GPRS connection after it had been connected via BT to
my Laptop dor about a minute. It seems the phone reboots itself. I never
experienced such behaviour with my previous phone (6310i) Browsing/Mailing
etc on the phone itself seems to be fine. So it seems to be related to the
BT connection. Which also seems buggy when transfering large files///

Anybody else noticed this behaviour?

Does anybody know if the new firmware (V5.24) fixes this problem?

Regards,
Connos

More about : 6230 drops gprs

January 2, 2005 10:07:58 PM

has firmware 5.24 been released in the uk?

"Conno van Wijk" <connovanwijk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> My 6230 will drop the GPRS connection after it had been connected via BT
> to my Laptop dor about a minute. It seems the phone reboots itself. I
> never experienced such behaviour with my previous phone (6310i)
> Browsing/Mailing etc on the phone itself seems to be fine. So it seems to
> be related to the BT connection. Which also seems buggy when transfering
> large files///
>
> Anybody else noticed this behaviour?

> Does anybody know if the new firmware (V5.24) fixes this problem?
>
> Regards,
> Connos

Anonymous
January 2, 2005 11:26:15 PM

"ALi" <Sexyali@NOSPAMREMOVEIThotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

> has firmware 5.24 been released in the uk?

Not sure, I live in Holland and have to check yet
January 2, 2005 11:41:07 PM

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:07:57 +0100, "Conno van Wijk"
<connovanwijk@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>My 6230 will drop the GPRS connection after it had been connected via BT to
>my Laptop dor about a minute. It seems the phone reboots itself. I never
>experienced such behaviour with my previous phone (6310i) Browsing/Mailing
>etc on the phone itself seems to be fine. So it seems to be related to the
>BT connection. Which also seems buggy when transfering large files///
>
>Anybody else noticed this behaviour?

>Does anybody know if the new firmware (V5.24) fixes this problem?

I'm having that problem with v4.43 firmware, although it didn't happen
with my previous 6230 which had v3.15 installed.

My GPRS connection drops after a minute or two when connected via
Bluetooth, but works fine when using a DKU-2 cable instead.

I'd also love to know if a later release would fix it.

Chris
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 5:12:21 PM

On 2005-01-02 10:07:57 -0800, "Conno van Wijk" <connovanwijk@yahoo.com> said:

> Hello,
>
> My 6230 will drop the GPRS connection after it had been connected via
> BT to my Laptop dor about a minute. It seems the phone reboots itself.
> I never experienced such behaviour with my previous phone (6310i)
> Browsing/Mailing etc on the phone itself seems to be fine. So it seems
> to be related to the BT connection. Which also seems buggy when
> transfering large files///
>
> Anybody else noticed this behaviour?

> Does anybody know if the new firmware (V5.24) fixes this problem?
>
> Regards,
> Connos

Ever get an answer to your question? I'm having the same problem, and
it's very frustrating. I sent the phone to Nokia for repair, they
replaced the bluetooth transceiver and fixed a "programming error" and
sent it back. Of course, it still doesn't work. They didn't change
the firmware (I'm using 4.43). Now they're telling me to send it back
to them, but it's not worth it if they won't fix the problem.
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 1:27:02 AM

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 14:12:21 -0800, buscrush <buscrush@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 2005-01-02 10:07:57 -0800, "Conno van Wijk" <connovanwijk@yahoo.com> said:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> My 6230 will drop the GPRS connection after it had been connected via
>> BT to my Laptop dor about a minute. It seems the phone reboots itself.
>> I never experienced such behaviour with my previous phone (6310i)
>> Browsing/Mailing etc on the phone itself seems to be fine. So it seems
>> to be related to the BT connection. Which also seems buggy when
>> transfering large files///
>>
>> Anybody else noticed this behaviour?

>> Does anybody know if the new firmware (V5.24) fixes this problem?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Connos
>
>Ever get an answer to your question? I'm having the same problem, and
>it's very frustrating. I sent the phone to Nokia for repair, they
>replaced the bluetooth transceiver and fixed a "programming error" and
>sent it back. Of course, it still doesn't work. They didn't change
>the firmware (I'm using 4.43). Now they're telling me to send it back
>to them, but it's not worth it if they won't fix the problem.

never had this problem on my 6230 firmware 4.44. using an ipaq 2210.
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 11:06:18 PM

"buscrush" <buscrush@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-01-02 10:07:57 -0800, "Conno van Wijk" <connovanwijk@yahoo.com>
> said:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> My 6230 will drop the GPRS connection after it had been connected via BT
>> to my Laptop dor about a minute. It seems the phone reboots itself. I
>> never experienced such behaviour with my previous phone (6310i)
>> Browsing/Mailing etc on the phone itself seems to be fine. So it seems to
>> be related to the BT connection. Which also seems buggy when transfering
>> large files///
>>
>> Anybody else noticed this behaviour?

>> Does anybody know if the new firmware (V5.24) fixes this problem?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Connos
>
> Ever get an answer to your question? I'm having the same problem, and
> it's very frustrating. I sent the phone to Nokia for repair, they
> replaced the bluetooth transceiver and fixed a "programming error" and
> sent it back. Of course, it still doesn't work. They didn't change the
> firmware (I'm using 4.43). Now they're telling me to send it back to
> them, but it's not worth it if they won't fix the problem.

Yes, I've got 5.24 now and it is fixed :-)

Connos
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 11:06:19 PM

On 2005-03-14 11:06:18 -0800, "Conno van Wijk" <connovanwijk@yahoo.com> said:

> "buscrush" <buscrush@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 2005-01-02 10:07:57 -0800, "Conno van Wijk" <connovanwijk@yahoo.com> said:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> My 6230 will drop the GPRS connection after it had been connected via
>>> BT to my Laptop dor about a minute. It seems the phone reboots itself.
>>> I never experienced such behaviour with my previous phone (6310i)
>>> Browsing/Mailing etc on the phone itself seems to be fine. So it seems
>>> to be related to the BT connection. Which also seems buggy when
>>> transfering large files///
>>>
>>> Anybody else noticed this behaviour?

>>> Does anybody know if the new firmware (V5.24) fixes this problem?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Connos
>>
>> Ever get an answer to your question? I'm having the same problem, and
>> it's very frustrating. I sent the phone to Nokia for repair, they
>> replaced the bluetooth transceiver and fixed a "programming error" and
>> sent it back. Of course, it still doesn't work. They didn't change
>> the firmware (I'm using 4.43). Now they're telling me to send it back
>> to them, but it's not worth it if they won't fix the problem.
>

> Yes, I've got 5.24 now and it is fixed :-)
>
> Connos

That's great -- thanks, Connos!
March 21, 2005 7:50:04 PM

Connos,

Can you help me? How did you get 5.24? Did you send the phone to
Nokia and they flashed it? Where do you live?

Thanks!

Phil
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 2:23:57 AM

"Phil" <phil.genet@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Connos,
>
> Can you help me? How did you get 5.24? Did you send the phone to
> Nokia and they flashed it?

Yep

> Where do you live?

Netherlands
March 27, 2005 1:18:29 PM

Coo,

Thanks. I am going to send to them immediately!

Phil
!