October 7, 2012 3:32:31 AM

System Specs:

HIS Radeon HD 6850 IceQ X Turbo x2
AMD Phenom II x6 1090t @3.6
Gigabyte GA-970a UD3 AM3+
Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 1TB
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB 3.5"
Raidmax Hybrid 2 RX-730SS

Anytime I launch any fullscreen game (So far it has happened with every game I tried playing, Borderlands 2, League of Legends, Smite, Battlefield 3) my computer locks up, everything freezes, no bluescreen or anything, so I am forced to perform a hard reset on the computer. Once the PC restarts, I disable crossfire, relaunch the game, and whadya know, it works flawlessly. If I launch the game with Crossfire disabled and change it from fullscreen to windowed, relaunch the game with Crossfire ENabled, it works. I have no idea what to do. Please leave any and all suggestions below, because I dislike the idea of using my 2nd 6850 as a paperweight.
October 7, 2012 3:40:10 AM

Crossfire doesn't run when you're playing in windowed mode, so it sounds like you have no scenarios where crossfire works properly.

Was the system working before and recently stopped working? Have you tested both cards to make sure they work individually? Are your drivers up to date? What is your power supply?
m
l
October 7, 2012 3:45:58 AM

BigMack70 said:
Crossfire doesn't run when you're playing in windowed mode, so it sounds like you have no scenarios where crossfire works properly.

Was the system working before and recently stopped working? Have you tested both cards to make sure they work individually? Are your drivers up to date? What is your power supply?

I know it worked at one point in time, but I checked back on the settings and it managed to disable itself. So I reenabled it, and this problem rose. I have not tested both individually as of yet, and everything is up to date as far as I'm aware, unless I blatantly missed something when i installed the latest drivers yesterday to try to solve this. and my PSU is the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
Related resources
October 7, 2012 3:49:45 AM

Oops didn't realize that was a PSU in your specs list.

My mind immediately thinks of these things as potential problems to check out:

1) ULPS is causing problems. You should disable ULPS if you have it enabled (I use atiman uninstaller to disable ULPS - I don't recommend that program for driver uninstalls but it's a handy little way to disable ULPS)

-edit- Just googled to see if there's an easier way to do this. Looks like you could use this instead: http://ulps.achromaticcomputing.com/

2) Driver problem - if this problem just started happening when you installed a driver package, I'd recommend following these steps:
www.overclock.net/t/988215/how-to-properly-uninstall-at...

3) One of your cards died. You'll have to test both cards individually to make sure they're working.

4) (Less likely) Your power supply is dying/dead - that's not a very high quality unit and could possibly be a problem.
m
l
October 7, 2012 4:07:43 AM

BigMack70 said:
Oops didn't realize that was a PSU in your specs list.

My mind immediately thinks of these things as potential problems to check out:

1) ULPS is causing problems. You should disable ULPS if you have it enabled (I use atiman uninstaller to disable ULPS - I don't recommend that program for driver uninstalls but it's a handy little way to disable ULPS)

-edit- Just googled to see if there's an easier way to do this. Looks like you could use this instead: http://ulps.achromaticcomputing.com/

2) Driver problem - if this problem just started happening when you installed a driver package, I'd recommend following these steps:
www.overclock.net/t/988215/how-to-properly-uninstall-at...

3) One of your cards died. You'll have to test both cards individually to make sure they're working.

4) (Less likely) Your power supply is dying/dead - that's not a very high quality unit and could possibly be a problem.

Okay, I have no idea why this was like this, or why it was a problem, and how I noticed this, but my settings were like this (http://imgur.com/a/X3dWt), where one of the desktops were set to enabled, and the other was disabled, so i enabled both and it seems to work so far... if not, ill refer back to this post. Thanks for the help!
m
l
!