Sign in with
Your question

Please review my PC before I build it.

Last response: in Systems
November 29, 2012 2:05:14 AM

Hey, my name is Eryk and I'm looking to build my first gaming PC. I've done some research but I still have some questions.
These are the parts I am looking to put into my PC. Please let me know if there are any problems or complications.

Cpu: Intel i5 3570k here
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z77 here
Case: Corsair 600T here
Cooler: Corsair H100 here
Psu: Corsair TX750 here
Video Card: EVGA GTX 680 here
CD Drive: Asus DVD burner here
Memory: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 here
Monitor: Asus VH242H here

As for the hard drive I'm still deciding whether I should go with an SSD or just a 7200rpm HDD.
I am not looking to overclock this computer that much (probably around 4.2 GHz).
Will this cooler be alright with just a pull configuration on top of the case and the other 2 stock case fans?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

More about : review build

a b B Homebuilt system
November 29, 2012 2:27:01 AM

Personally I would not go for the Sabertooth or the H100, as the Sabertooth is a sheep in wolf's clothing really. Don't get me wrong, its a good board, but not worth the price.

Also, while the H100 is good, it can be matched or outdone by a Noctua NH-D14
m
l
November 29, 2012 2:34:00 AM

What would you recommend for a replacement motherboard?
I also like the H100 for the cleaner look inside and quieter than a heatsink.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
November 29, 2012 2:40:12 AM

Can't argue with that, the watercooling looks really cool.

And ASUS puts out a good board...just not the Sabertooth.

Also, the GTX680 is not worth the extra $100, when the 670 is only 5% slower.
m
l
November 29, 2012 2:56:30 AM

I like the Sabertooth because the thermal armor looks pretty nice and clean in the case and due to the fact that it has a 5 year warranty. What would an alternative good motherboard be?
m
l
November 29, 2012 6:09:38 AM

The Cooler Master Hyper 212plus for 25 bucks will do your cool fine. Your Thermal Armour is B.S (think about it) If I gave you something to wear that helps seep heat off your body and put you in an environment that is closed up and 150 degrees... z77 is a great platform. Sabertooth is popular. I personally have an Asrock Extreme6 but a 4 would do you fine. I see them still on sale for about 100 bucks over at newegg if you sign up for their emailer they will hit you with a discount code. You have plenty of power to run two GPU cards. I think you ought to type in gaming card review and find out which is best bang for your buck. Deemo 13 may be right.
Yes get an SSD and an HDD instead of putting H20 in your case. 7200 rpm for storage and at least a 256gb for gaming. Kingston 300 will be fine or just about any reputable manufacturer. You are playing games so it wont matter about dealing with non compressible files for speed of your SSD. Crucial has been on sale. Check out PCpartpicker to shop a lot of places easily.
m
l
November 29, 2012 7:03:41 PM

I know the Hyper 212 Evo is an excellent air cooler but again, I don't mind spending a bit extra for the H100 to make the inside of the case look less cluttered and since there is a spot at the top of the 600T, why not. Also I read that the Hyper 212 will interfere with the ram if its a higher profile like the Corsair Vengeance.
m
l
!