Tags:
  • Prebuilt
  • Configuration
  • Monitors
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
November 29, 2012 3:02:45 AM

I belive it is possible. Basically i want a multiseat setup where atleast 5 monitor and basic peripherals like mouse and keyboard will be connected to one cpu. User can use simultanously 5 monitor to work with. How is that done? what configuration is suitable to run it for a small web development farm? budget around $1k. can extend if needed for performance.

More about : multiseat setup configuration

a c 97 C Monitor
November 29, 2012 3:13:41 AM

First of all, are your monitors included in that budget? As five 1080p monitors will easily take up the majority of your cash, not even factoring in stands.

Also fill out this form, it give us the info we need to help you.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/353572-31-build-upgra...
m
l
a b C Monitor
November 29, 2012 3:22:05 AM

Graphic cards have multiple outputs

Its a matter of selecting monitors with the right connectors .
AMD cards have DVI /HDMI and Display port connectors . Your monitors would need to have that range of connectors

m
l
Related resources
November 29, 2012 4:28:02 AM

@man of chalk

No that budget is without monitors

pproximate Purchase Date: e.g.: Depends

Budget Range: $1k-1.5k

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (e.g.: Folding@Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)
Mostly for used in web development/software development. with multiseat setup to use 1 cpu with 5+monitor/peripheral

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: None

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: flipkart.com/newegg.com

Parts Preferences: No issue till performance and power consumption is not compromised

Overclocking: Maybe if needed incase

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe if needed incase

Your Monitor Resolution:Max to 1920x1080

Additional Comments: It is a set up for small web development firm. which can handle 5 multiseat gracefully. XAMPP,WAMPP,LAMP,PHP,MYSQL (other dtabase),SVN,Photoshop,Browsers,Editors,Netbeans (other IDE) etc.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: (e.g. I'm having trouble running game X or my PSU broke)
m
l
November 29, 2012 4:30:15 AM

Also please specify which software and other things is require to set up this.
m
l
November 29, 2012 10:25:18 AM

anyone?
m
l
a c 97 C Monitor
November 29, 2012 10:52:13 AM

Sorry about the delay.

Ok, so you want a computer that can handle multiple screens at once for software coding and Photoshop purposes (in a nutshell).
Also how do you mean multi-seat? Because if you mean that multiple people can interact with it at once, you will need multiple computers. As far as I know there isn't a way to create multiple OS environments and have them correspond to a particular set of keyboard/mouse inputs.

Also whats the budget in Rupees? Just that chances are if I recommend something off Newegg it wont be available or the combination of parts will be too expensive in India.
m
l
November 29, 2012 6:33:21 PM

No issues. really appriciate your helps.

by multiseat i meant this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiseat_desktop_virtuali...

flipkart is overpriced than our local markets.You can refer to newegg. incase of unavailablity or excess price i would find an alternative. I need just some idea of components. just so you asked the budget in rupees is 70k-80k.
m
l
!