Updating games to NWoD

NWoD games have 5 "inborn" character choices (Clans/Auspices/Paths) + 5
"chosen" choices (Covenants/Tribes/Orders). They also have a Power
trait (Blood Potency/Primal Urge/Gnosis) that measures how attuned the
character is to their energy type, how much energy they can hold/spend,
and that also serves as Supernatural Resistance. Also, there's a Fuel
trait (Blood Pool/Essence/Mana) gauging how much energy they have to
spend. Then, there's the Morality trait (Humanity/Harmony/Wisdom) that
helps keep a PCs behavior up to certain standards and measures their
degeneration should they give in to their darker urges...

So, how would these traits apply to the games that WW has yet to
upgrade to the new system? So far, this is what I've come up with (in
the order of Inborn/Chosen/Power&Resistance/Fuel/Morality):

CHANGELING: Kith/House/Wyrd/Glamour/Equilibrium

DA FAE: Nature/Court/Weaving/Mists/???

WRAITH: Legion/???/????/Pathos/Acceptance or Closure

DEMON: Choir/Faction/???/Faith/Serenity

MUMMY: Tem-Akh/???/Maat/Sekhem/Balance

HUNTER: Creed/???/???/Conviction/Sanity

KUEI-JIN: Direction/Dharma/Enlightenment/Chi/Satori

(The Power and Morality traits were the most different to the originals
templates, so I made up some terms to go with them; I added DA: Fae to
the mix because many people seem to like it better than Changeling and
hope any new games will be based on it instead)

Any suggestions?

Dex,
who always thought the Sebettu should be "Choirs" or "Hosts" instead of
"Houses"...^^

Hand-of-Omega wrote:

> So, how would these traits apply to the games that WW has yet to
> upgrade to the new system? So far, this is what I've come up with (in
> the order of Inborn/Chosen/Power&Resistance/Fuel/Morality):
>
> CHANGELING: Kith/House/Wyrd/Glamour/Equilibrium
>
> DA FAE: Nature/Court/Weaving/Mists/???
>
> WRAITH: Legion/???/????/Pathos/Acceptance or Closure
>
> DEMON: Choir/Faction/???/Faith/Serenity
>
> MUMMY: Tem-Akh/???/Maat/Sekhem/Balance
>
> HUNTER: Creed/???/???/Conviction/Sanity
>
> KUEI-JIN: Direction/Dharma/Enlightenment/Chi/Satori
>
> (The Power and Morality traits were the most different to the originals
> templates, so I made up some terms to go with them; I added DA: Fae to
> the mix because many people seem to like it better than Changeling and
> hope any new games will be based on it instead)
>
> Any suggestions?

I think Kuei-Jin don't need their own minigame. OWoD Kuei-Jin were
really quite different than Western vampires. Now with the NWoD,
Western vamps have a lot of the features of Kuei-Jin, so there's no
need for a separate system.

Hunters, Wraiths, etc. can probably be done without their own minigame.

Demons always struck me as a very, very lame attempt to stretch the
cult rules given for Spectres in Wraith. White Wolf always recycles
ideas, but Demons were just ridiculous. They don't need their own
minigame.

As for Mummies and Fae, I don't know.

Rip Rock wrote:

> I think Kuei-Jin don't need their own minigame. OWoD Kuei-Jin were
> really quite different than Western vampires. Now with the NWoD,
> Western vamps have a lot of the features of Kuei-Jin, so there's no
> need for a separate system.

Well, sure, if you just want them to be Asian Kindred. But remember,
the Kuei-Jin started out the same way, till they were retconned into
something different. I doubt a NWoD version of the Cathayans would have
the same origin as the originals did, but I'd like it and their nature
to be something notably different from the Kindred...

> Hunters, Wraiths, etc. can probably be done without their own minigame.
>
> Demons always struck me as a very, very lame attempt to stretch the
> cult rules given for Spectres in Wraith. White Wolf always recycles
> ideas, but Demons were just ridiculous. They don't need their own
> minigame.

What similarities do Demons and Spectres have? If anything, I thought
DtF was borrowing from Changeling and Mummy...

Dex

Hand-of-Omega wrote:
> Rip Rock wrote:
> >
> > I think Kuei-Jin don't need their own minigame. OWoD Kuei-Jin were
> > really quite different than Western vampires. Now with the NWoD,
> > Western vamps have a lot of the features of Kuei-Jin, so there's no
> > need for a separate system.
>
> Well, sure, if you just want them to be Asian Kindred. But remember,
> the Kuei-Jin started out the same way, till they were retconned into
> something different.

I didn't know that before.

>I doubt a NWoD version of the Cathayans would have
> the same origin as the originals did, but I'd like it and their nature
> to be something notably different from the Kindred...

> > Hunters, Wraiths, etc. can probably be done without their own minigame.
> >
> > Demons always struck me as a very, very lame attempt to stretch the
> > cult rules given for Spectres in Wraith. White Wolf always recycles
> > ideas, but Demons were just ridiculous. They don't need their own
> > minigame.
> >
> What similarities do Demons and Spectres have? If anything, I thought
> DtF was borrowing from Changeling and Mummy...
>
> Dex

Spectres (Dark Reflections, WW6902) p.66 has a "Demonic Nephwrack"
sample NPC, but that's actually not the best place to look. WW6102
(Mediums, Speakers with the Dead) has a bunch of stuff on devil cults.
Pages 90-95 of Mediums give you the essential rules for running Demon.
It doesn't have Spectres as fallen angels, but it has all you need to
have a big bad Umbrood messing with mortals and giving them Satanic
powers that lead to their own destruction. (This may be the Angst
stuff that one of the previous posters on this board meant when he said
Mediums showed why my Passion Hacking idea wouldn't work.)

Example: Fires of Hell is a power on p.94. "For every success on a
Willpower roll (difficulty 9), the mortal can create one cubic foot of
fire. ... A mortal invested with this power must roll Willpower
(difficulty 8) or lose a permanent Willpower point every time he uses
this ability. After three or four uses the slave is completely insane,
and she is consumed by her own fire if her permanent Willpower ever
reaches zero."

It's nasty stuff. However it's so self-destructive you can only use
it for weak bad guys who provide a little color to the adventure before
they die horribly.