[SOLVED] Really having memory trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigit

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003
I've got a IMAC G3 333mhz tray loading. I've figured things out a bit since I originally made this post. The memory I have fits but it is 512MB and I've read only 256mb per slot will work. What will happen if I put the 512 in? Will it fail completely or just not recognize 256MB? Also where is this second slot? I know that only low profile memory will work there but where is it? At first I thought maybe under the board but that doesn't seem to want to come off even with all of the screws removed. I need to have 512MB in it as my son put MAC OSX 10.3.9 on it and the 160MB it has just isn't enough. It can just barely function.

Solution
OK I've installed the memory and as I thought the computer only recognizes 256MB out of the 512. But I'll take it. It has sped things up considerably. Now if I could just figure out where the other slot is I'll max it out.

Rigit

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003
OK I've installed the memory and as I thought the computer only recognizes 256MB out of the 512. But I'll take it. It has sped things up considerably. Now if I could just figure out where the other slot is I'll max it out.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.