Okay so first of all to start here is my system:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition,
Asus M5A78L/USB3 AMD Socket AM3+,
Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Vengeance,
Asus GT 430 1GB DDR3 DVI VGA HDMI,
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive,
CIT Gold 450W PSU,
Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

I built the computer a few months ago now and everything up until now has been running perfectly.

The other day I installed GTA4, started playing but it was lagging awfully bad so I did the in-game benchmark test to try and give me better results. The test finished but I was in a hurry and ALT+F4'd the game and shut down my PC.
Later when I returned and turned the PC, everything was fine and I played Dead Rising 2 for a little while. Like I say, everything was fine at this point, but then I again turned my PC off for the rest of the day, then the next morning turned it back on.
This is what happened:

It booted up as normal, but was displaying in 800x600 resolution and everything was massive as if I was in safe mode! And then a little window popped up titled "Error" with a message that read "Can not find graphics card information"
I found that the error was coming from ASUS SmartDoctor.

I read up about this on Google and found uninstalling smartdoctor would fix it, of course it did, because the program was no longer trying to execute anything so therefore no error message was being displayed.
After uninstalling and rebooting, I changed my resolution to 1280x1024 so things were actually easily viewable again!

What remains as my problem is that my display now has a black border about 1cm thick running all the way around. Makes it look like my black TV frame is thicker!
And then also, I feel that the quality of how it displays Windows is generally the same as before, but I have what are like grey dots in rectangular patches on all over my screen. I've tried to photograph it here:

http://postimage.org/image/h39xvle6h/

But it's kinda hard to see, as is the black border due to my TV frame!

I've uninstalled and newly installed my NVIDIA drivers. They install fine. I go into NVIDIA Settings and I get an error reading:

NVIDIA Display settings are not available.
You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU.

I use my HDTV as my monitor and it's plugged directly into the GPU!

When I go to the NVIDIA Drivers website, it always finds my graphics card on the auto search feature, but under where it says 'Current installed drivers', it's just blank or '--' as if to say I don't have any installed.

I go into Device Manager and under Display Adapters is my 'NVIDIA GeForce GT 430' but it has a yellow triangle warning sign on it. I go into the properties and it reads:
"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I tried uninstalling all drivers and NVIDIA drivers and reinstalling, but still it remains the same. I cannot find a way to do it!

Sorry for the longish post, I've tried to explain as much as I can for you guys and hope you can help me out.
Thanks in advance to everyone :D

Morgan

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
http://www.softipblog.com/windows-code-43.php

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/errorc/a/code-43-error.htm

Two links that might help. If driver re-installation didn't help, you could try some of these other suggestions. For example, completely shutting off power to your computer. If your PSU doesn't have a switch to disable itself and your computer is not on a power strip or extension core that has such a switch, you can unplug the power cord of the PSU.

If you have such a switch, it is preferred to disable it so that you have power disabled, but the system is still grounded. Resetting the BIOs could also be attempted (if you do this, then make sure that you reconfigure the BIOS in any way that it is configured no, such as setting the SATA ports to the proper IDE or AHCI setting that they're at right now).