Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HELP WITH A BUDGET BUILD PLEASE :S

Tags:
  • Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
Share
November 29, 2012 11:32:01 AM

Hi there,

I am going to be building a £500 budget rig and i want it to be able to play battlefield 3 on high/ultra at a decent fps while recording...
I am stuck on what i should put in my rig...
So far i have come up with this
Oh yeah and by the way the monitor and peripherals are separate. just wanted to put them in there!
http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/103273

I live in the UK by the way
(Also, one more question will i need a bios update for the mobo i chose? if so could you recommend one that dosent have to be updated!)

Thanks in advance!
(First ever post :D )

More about : budget build

November 29, 2012 11:48:57 AM

bump :D 
November 29, 2012 12:38:26 PM

Don't go with an AMD chip for gaming.
Related resources
November 29, 2012 12:44:55 PM

i would go with a higher end chipset like a 990fx on the mobo can u buy from newegg in uk?
November 29, 2012 12:55:13 PM

Battlefield 3 multiplayer uses a lot of CPU, if you want top performance go with Core i5.
I would recommend a 660TI. It is a lot faster.
November 29, 2012 1:06:36 PM

Thanks for the replys guys! Gladly appreciated!

Regarding the i5, could you spec me a mid range price build for that :D ?
budget is around 500 pounds! thanks!!!
November 29, 2012 1:08:09 PM

the great randini said:
i would go with a higher end chipset like a 990fx on the mobo can u buy from newegg in uk?


I dont think you can :( 
November 29, 2012 1:09:24 PM

jsrudd said:
Don't go with an AMD chip for gaming.

Alright but i want to be able to record at the same time so i dont think dual core would be enough for me on the intel option
November 29, 2012 1:12:39 PM

i like intel for gaming but here goes on an amd build.

Corsair Carbide Series 200R $49.99 29.99 after rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC $319.99 $304.99 after $15.00 rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE $69.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Crucial V4 CT128V4SSD2 2.5" 128GB $84.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz combo w/mobo and free 2x4 ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

combo items 1x

MSI 990XA-GD55 AM3+ AMD 990X /G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) (free with this mobo)

free with this build Free 4-in-1 Game Coupon
• - FarCry3
• - HitMan
• - Sleeping Dogs
• - Medal of Honor WarFighter Limited Edition (20% off digital deluxe)

price before rebates $776.94
November 29, 2012 1:20:47 PM

the great randini said:
i like intel for gaming but here goes on an amd build.

Corsair Carbide Series 200R $49.99 29.99 after rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC $319.99 $304.99 after $15.00 rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE $69.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Crucial V4 CT128V4SSD2 2.5" 128GB $84.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz combo w/mobo and free 2x4 ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

combo items 1x

MSI 990XA-GD55 AM3+ AMD 990X /G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) (free with this mobo)

free with this build Free 4-in-1 Game Coupon
• - FarCry3
• - HitMan
• - Sleeping Dogs
• - Medal of Honor WarFighter Limited Edition (20% off digital deluxe)

price before rebates $776.94


i hate to break it to you man but...
just found out newegg dont ship to UK :( 

Awesome set up though!

one more thing.... can you explain to me what a mail in rebate is? i am a bit of a noob at this stuff
plus i am considering moving to the US in some time lol
November 29, 2012 1:24:54 PM

Also could anyone give me a list of motherboards compatible with fx 6100/6300 with no bios update? my budget is around £70 UK please :D 
November 29, 2012 1:25:09 PM

after you buy the thing, they give you a coupon that you fill out and send it to their store. (usually a survey), then they send you back a certain # of money for doing the survey on the item.
November 29, 2012 1:26:05 PM

ilumunus said:
after you buy the thing, they give you a coupon that you fill out and send it to their store. (usually a survey), then they send you back a certain # of money for doing the survey on the item.


Cool! i wish they had that in the UK! thanks :) 
November 29, 2012 1:53:11 PM

bbbbuuuummpppp

If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to share them :D 
November 29, 2012 2:46:24 PM

:D 
November 29, 2012 3:02:55 PM

http://www.ebuyer.com/398364-asrock-970-pro3-socket-am3... says does ur cpu bios version P1.10
http://www.ebuyer.com/271787-gigabyte-am3-amd970-4xddr3... from bios version v7 is supported

all depends on bios version its shipped with though , thats the killer

how much ur spending all up on the motherboard/cpu could help give an idea for a build using an intel setup bump from that wedsite ur using seams like most i5 start at around @£150 mark so would need add @£30-70 for motherboard on top that
November 29, 2012 3:31:26 PM

AAHHHHHHHHHH ALL THESE GTX 660-660TI'S.

-.-
November 29, 2012 3:37:51 PM

there is no reason you can't fit an i5 3570k and a 7950/7870 (both would easily max out bf3, 7870 might struggle on ultra + recording + really full server) in an 800 dollar/500 pound budget, unless prices there are hella different. you need an OS?
November 29, 2012 5:24:38 PM

Zed_Spooge said:
there is no reason you can't fit an i5 3570k and a 7950/7870 (both would easily max out bf3, 7870 might struggle on ultra + recording + really full server) in an 800 dollar/500 pound budget, unless prices there are hella different. you need an OS?


No os :)  my bro found one lying around :D  thanks for the input

also stuff is a little expensive here so yeah...+
November 29, 2012 5:26:44 PM

tassietim said:
http://www.ebuyer.com/398364-asrock-970-pro3-socket-am3... says does ur cpu bios version P1.10
http://www.ebuyer.com/271787-gigabyte-am3-amd970-4xddr3... from bios version v7 is supported

all depends on bios version its shipped with though , thats the killer

how much ur spending all up on the motherboard/cpu could help give an idea for a build using an intel setup bump from that wedsite ur using seams like most i5 start at around @£150 mark so would need add @£30-70 for motherboard on top that


Mobo and cpu max is probably... £210 max so...

i want a mobo that dosent need a mobo update

i could push that further but it would damage the rest of the parts....
November 30, 2012 6:22:17 AM

I know this is an old thread but one more thing guys,

Is the aerocool strike-x a good case? because it looks good and seems to have great cable management,

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
(i am looking at getting the white version)
November 30, 2012 6:54:58 AM

bump :) 
!