Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help: Constant BSOD on my system

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 29, 2012 11:46:48 AM

Good day! Lately I've been experiencing BSOD on my system, at least once a day. It started when I upgraded my graphics card from GTX 560 to ATI 7850 HD OC version

Here's the detail:

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 0000000000000019
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF88002F65180
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

My system
CPU: Intel i7 2600k on turbo boost to 4.6ghz
RAM: Dominator GT 2x4gb ddr3 1866 on stock
GPU: Sapphire 7850 HD OC version on stock (12.10 catalyst)
MOBO: Asrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3

Thanks!

More about : constant bsod system

a b B Homebuilt system
November 29, 2012 12:42:38 PM

so what is the bsod error number? try booting in safe mode and see if you get that bsod again, make sure you have the nvidia drivers uninstalled
m
0
l
November 29, 2012 12:46:03 PM

Did you install your new video card inside a clean system? In other words, did you re-install Windows, or at the very least, did you do your very best to clean out the old drivers? Did you overclock the GPU?
m
0
l
Related resources
November 29, 2012 12:55:24 PM

alvine said:
so what is the bsod error number? try booting in safe mode and see if you get that bsod again, make sure you have the nvidia drivers uninstalled


what bsod number do you mean? if it is the one on the actual bluescreen, i didn't got. the one i've posted above came from windows crash report after reboot. will try to get the number of bsod and post here if it crashes again.
m
0
l
November 29, 2012 12:58:34 PM

It's your overclock. Either dial down your OC or dial up your volts. You need to remember everything, including the GPU, plays a role in your system stability. If you change your GPU then you just threw a monkey wrench in your OC. Your best bet would be to drop the OC completely and test stability on stock settings. If all goes well then start the OC process all over again until you can fild your stability sweet spot.
m
0
l
November 29, 2012 12:58:40 PM

omnimodis78 said:
Did you install your new video card inside a clean system? In other words, did you re-install Windows, or at the very least, did you do your very best to clean out the old drivers? Did you overclock the GPU?


yes, i did clean everything but there were some leftover nvidia files on my registry that i cant delete. do you have any good driver sweeper softaware that you can recommend?

i did OC my gpu when i got it. but when i observe the bsod became constant, i went back to stock. still the problem exists.
m
0
l
November 29, 2012 12:59:53 PM

DarkOutlaw said:
It's your overclock. Either dial down your OC or dial up your volts. You need to remember everything, including the GPU, plays a role in your system stability. If you change your GPU then you just threw a monkey wrench in your OC. Your best bet would be to drop the OC completely and test stability on stock settings. If all goes well then start the OC process all over again until you can fild your stability sweet spot.



i see, thanks for this one. will try it today and see what will come up
m
0
l
!