Solved

Bottlenecking curiosity, input highly appreciated!

Hey guys!

Quick question.. Bit unaware of the ins and outs of PC hardware these days..

My question is.. I'm planning to get a build.. But need to know if there will be any bottlenecking issues with pairing a Gigabyte GTX 690 and a Intel 3570K Ivy-Bridge in the same rig? I'm planning on overclocking and such. Already have custom CPU cooler sorter etc.

Regards,

Dimitrije
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bottlenecking curiosity input highly appreciated
  1. Also forgot to mention.. MOBO is Asrock Z77 Extreme4
  2. 690 is like having two 680's i doubt it. I believe you would need at least two those and then we can say your bottlenecking it. Just my opinion though.
  3. Best answer
    No, no bottlenecking there. Some games will do better with the CPU overclocked but this is not the same as a bottleneck.
  4. giovanni86 said:
    690 is like having two 680's i doubt it. I believe you would need at least two those and then we can say your bottlenecking it. Just my opinion though.

Yeah I know it's basically equivelant to having two 680s.. I just want to make sure that's all :P

Regards,

Dimitrije
  5. anort3 said:
    No, no bottlenecking there. Some games will do better with the CPU overclocked but this is not the same as a bottleneck.

Thanks heeps :) I'll take your word for it.. And double check with the staff at the shop im purchasing it from!
  6. Best answer selected by Dimitrije.
  7. If the i5 3570 bottlenecked the GTX 690 there would be no reason to sell the GTX 690. The i5 3570 is a tier 1 gaming CPU. It is literally one of the best if not the best gaming CPU you can buy.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Bottleneck Graphics