Sign in with
Your question

Gtx 680 bad performance problems.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 7, 2012 2:49:33 PM

I just bought a MSI GTX 680 Lightning edition card, and i'm not quite impressed with the performance. I've heard that all 680 card should be able to play all games above 60 fps, but mine doesn't. I tried to play fallout and my average fps is liek 50 and sometimes it drops down to 10, well i found out that other new vegas player had the same problem so i just assumed that it was the games fault. I tried to play Skyrim at absolutt full setting and i never went above 60 fps, which is weird for me, because all the other that have tested a GTX 680 card would have over 120 fps for skyrim. I also tried Metro 2033 and full setting and i got 120 fps+ then suddenly i restarted the game to turn on Adaptive v sync and i got below 40 fps, so i though it was adaptive v-sync that was the problem so i turned it off and i was still around 40 fps. I could not even play starcraft 2 at full setting at 60 fps, always around 40. So what do you guys thinks the problem is? The card is broken or i don't have updated my software? I believe that i have updated everything to the newest software from the companys website site.

Spec:
Crosshair V Formula motherboard.
AMD FX 8150 8 core processor
Corsair Vengance 8 gb ram 1600 mhz
Nividia MSI GTX 680 Lightning
Samsung ssd 830 serie
October 7, 2012 2:54:30 PM

Fallout is a terribly optimised game, just like all Bethesda Games. Its the games fault. I recommend for Skyrim that you install Skyboost, due to the horrible optimisation of shadows in this game, it really like adds another 20 frames. Metro 2033 is a ridiculously hard game to run, have you even seen the tessellation? No one said it would run 60fps on all games, some games are terribly optimised, and some games look substantially better than other games. By the way, what resolution are you playing at? If you are playing at 1440p or 1600p performance will take a massive hit.
October 7, 2012 2:57:41 PM

I play at 1600x1200, but i really think there is a problem somewhere, even my 2 years old alienware laptop could run skyrim better than this one
!