Help! What's wrong with my graphics card/computer?

On Wednesday I was playing games perfectly fine at a solid 60 Fps with my Radeon Hd 6770 card. However on friday when I opened up my games my frame rate was very low and not steady at all. I have no idea what the problem is; my drivers are fully updated and I hadn't done much with my computer between when it worked fine and now when it doesn't.

I tried cleaning the inside of my computer with compressed air, but nothing happened.

Graphics card: Radeon Hd 6770

Power Supply: Coolmax Silent Fan Power supply 450W

Computer: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/ho/WF06b/12454-12454-3329740-64546-64546-5080737-5156939.html?dnr=1

Please help! Thank you!
12 answers Last reply
More about help what wrong graphics card computer
  1. bump :(
  2. can nobody help me?
  3. Check CPU & GPU temps & usage.
  4. simon12 said:
    Check CPU & GPU temps & usage.


    temperatures are pretty good around 40, but my gpu load is staying at 0% for some reason
  5. Try downloading OCCT and run the graphics card tesy and see if that pushes GPU usage to 100% or shows any errors.
  6. simon12 said:
    Try downloading OCCT and run the graphics card tesy and see if that pushes GPU usage to 100% or shows any errors.


    Yes during the test it went to 100%. Does this information help?
  7. Try a better quality power supply unit.
  8. My first guess would be the PSU. Have you tried reseating the power cables for the GPU?
  9. lycros said:
    My first guess would be the PSU. Have you tried reseating the power cables for the GPU?


    I'm sorry I'm not very good with computers, can you explain what you mean by this?
  10. The 6770 requires additional power from the PSU via a pci-e 6-pin connector. It is possible that the connection has come loose.
  11. lycros said:
    The 6770 requires additional power from the PSU via a pci-e 6-pin connector. It is possible that the connection has come loose.


    what should i do?
  12. Unplug it and replug it lol
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Power Supplies Computer Graphics Cards Graphics