I just got a sager 9170 with a 675m gpu. I was looking for advice for the best monitor/ tv setup at around 32". The reason for the size is that it will also be used as a TV at about 10ish feet away, but I don't want to go too big as I'd prefer to live without headaches while working on the machine. Basically hoping to set it up so I can be working on it at the desk and then spin it around toward the couch on the other side of the room when in tv-mode. Gaming is a relevant concern, but it's not heavy duty (skyrim/ soase but no shooters that I'd be worried about lag).
So the advice requested:
- Is a TV going to cut it over a monitor?
- Any thoughts on the general setup/ connections?
- Any suggested products?
- Given the room setup and needs, monitor size opinion?
- Any key features/ specs/ components to make sure it has?
- Anything additional I'm going to buy other than the TV itself?
- What would be a good stereo option given that the sound on this laptop are absolutely terrible, and would I need an external sound card to link it?
I'm a bit of a dummy with this sort of thing so I'm honestly lacking a creative vision on what's possible with the overall setup. Ideally on price I don't go over 1000USD combined - preferably a fair bit less.