Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Getting a new pc... -help?!

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 29, 2012 4:30:38 PM

Hello! :) 
So im thinking, to buy a new pc. My first PC is like 6 years old, so its time for a new one...

I made my list :



Processor : Intel® Core™ i3-3220 3.3GHz

Videocard : Asus AMD/ATI Radeon HD7770 1GB GDDR5

RAM : Kingston 8GB

Motherboard : Asrock H61M-DGS

The body of PC : Cooler Master Midl tower Elite K(night) 350

Power Supplie : Corsair Builder CX500 ATX2.3 80+ 500W Bulk

SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60GB SATAIII

HDD : Western Digital CAVIAR GREEN 1TB 64MB

Disk drive : Lite-On DVDRW 22X SATA BLACK


Its my first time, when im getting the computer peaces...
Good list? - Its for gaming, and work

Some questions :
1. Is my motherboard good enough?
2. Sound card is in the motherboard?
3. Can i get a cheaper body for my pc ?

Waiting for answers :ange: 

More about : question

November 29, 2012 6:03:14 PM

1. No - a mATX H61 motherboard eliminates access to the multiplier and really limits your future expansion opportunities (new HDs, RAM, things like that).

2. Yes.

3. Depends on the budget - but I'd ditch the SSD and get a 7200 RPM drive, then you can use that money either upgrading your CPU or GPU.
November 29, 2012 6:29:31 PM

I think the mobo is good enough as long as you acknowledge its limitations.
Related resources
November 30, 2012 12:15:40 PM

g-unit1111 said:
1. No - a mATX H61 motherboard eliminates access to the multiplier and really limits your future expansion opportunities (new HDs, RAM, things like that).

2. Yes.

3. Depends on the budget - but I'd ditch the SSD and get a 7200 RPM drive, then you can use that money either upgrading your CPU or GPU.



Oke, then how about -

motherboard : MSI B75MA-E33 - good enough?


Hmm i could ditch the SSD + more money for GPU, but.... - I heard with SSD your computer will be faster + some better performane with games :/ 

If im getting of my list SSD, then i should take HDD - Seagate BARRACUDA 7200 1TB SATA 64MB?
November 30, 2012 12:33:50 PM

For games the gpu will always be better, switch for a 7850 1GB or 2GB and hdd and you'll get better performance than a 7770+ssd.
That mobo will do for the ivybridge, mobos with h61 needs to flash the bios in order to use ivybridge cpus.
Check also if the memory is 2x4 GB (dual channel) 1600 mhz at 1.5v
November 30, 2012 12:52:22 PM

exo_39 said:
Oke, then how about -

motherboard : MSI B75MA-E33 - good enough?


Hmm i could ditch the SSD + more money for GPU, but.... - I heard with SSD your computer will be faster + some better performane with games :/ 

If im getting of my list SSD, then i should take HDD - Seagate BARRACUDA 7200 1TB SATA 64MB?

Yeah, the MSI board is fine.
November 30, 2012 12:55:35 PM

1- I have almost the same config as you. It's damn a good budget-oriented gaming rig (played Crysis Warhead and Dishonored at 1080 ultra without any problem, without even oveclocking anything). Used an ASUS P8H77 Mobo, ATX form, more upgrades possible, including crossfire, but your MSI seems enough.

2- Sound is always on the mobo, at least 5.1 (only "business-oriented" products doesn't)

3- Nothing good-looking is cheaper than your K350. I used the same and was very disappointed: The front fan black wire was cut, had to repair it, the led doesn't turn on, and the usb 2.0 isn't working... broke when I opened the box, but I learned about it only when my built was done so I won't rma... Oh and the dust filters aren't removable without dust falling inside. But if mine was working ok, I'd be happy because I paid $35 ( mail-in rebate available here in Canada) (even if the toolless design is harder to use than actual tools lol)


You can settle for the Corsair CX-430 PSU, because I trust that you won't crossfire (not possible with that Mobo)

Your Seagate HDD is just fine, ditch everything else, SSD drives mostly speeds up your boot, loading or installation, but not the actual performance of the games. You might wait 3 seconds more when loading a game ;-) but you won't loose a single fps.

If your work is only like Excel and Word, web-browsing and such, spend any extra money into a 7850 or 7870 GPU. If not, well, let's see what kind of work it is, maybe you'll need that SSD or an i5 after all...

Oh and djangoringo is absolutely right about that RAM...

November 30, 2012 1:11:51 PM

Well im gonna use Pc for word - mostly and sometimes when i get borred or nothing to do - il play Pc games :D 

7850 1GB or 2GB - cost more money, and HD7770 has a great perforamnce + 80W it only takes...


Il change Corsair Builder Corsair Builder CX500 ATX2.3 80+ 500W Bulk with CX430 ATX2.3 80+ 430W = 6$ for free yepee :D 

my CPU I3-3220 3,3Ghz - took ot only, couse it takes 55W ^^

So the computer body k350 night remains - sad - i thinked there was a cheaper and better :p  - it costs 40 dollars... but its oke

Made changes - now pc cost 610 $ - pretty good price

If anybody wanna join or say something usefull - join conversation :D 

Anyway - thanks for the answers! ;) 
November 30, 2012 3:19:54 PM

Quote:
Il change Corsair Builder Corsair Builder CX500 ATX2.3 80+ 500W Bulk with CX430 ATX2.3 80+ 430W = 6$ for free yepee :D 


No. Ivy Bridge will struggle greatly with a CX430 - I've seen it happen. You will need a minimum of a 500W power supply if you get an Ivy Bridge build.

Quote:
So the computer body k350 night remains - sad - i thinked there was a cheaper and better :p  - it costs 40 dollars... but its oke


Get an Antec One - it's one of the best sub-$50 cases on the market. Don't skimp in this area.
November 30, 2012 4:39:20 PM

You'll find that the 7770 for 1080p is not such a great card, i advise you to ditch the ssd and buy the 7850 1GB(at least) the power consumption is almost the same, price difference/performance totally worth it.
For word and such things the ssd will be a waste.
And the corsair builder cx 430w will do for a 7850 1GB 2GB OC or 7770 +any ivybridge cpu.
The ivybridge cpus has the lower power consumption of all cpus desktop, and those two cards don't draw more than 125w.
November 30, 2012 4:54:18 PM

djangoringo said:
You'll find that the 7770 for 1080p is not such a great card, i advise you to ditch the ssd and buy the 7850 1GB(at least) the power consumption is almost the same, price difference/performance totally worth it.
For word and such things the ssd will be a waste.
And the corsair builder cx 430w will do for a 7850 1GB 2GB OC or 7770 +any ivybridge cpu.
The ivybridge cpus has the lower power consumption of all cpus desktop, and those two cards don't draw more than 125w.


I've had two CX430s fail on me - it's not a good power supply. It will not handle Ivy Bridge and I've seen it happen on more than one occasion. It will barely handle an i3 2120.
November 30, 2012 5:05:36 PM

You must be trolling, for a single i3 or i5 ivybridge without gpu those cheap psu's 350w will do...
The corsair cx 430w this one : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Although not as good as series TX or other brands, it will handle any sandybridge/ivybridge/amd with a 7770 or 7850 without blowing the cpu, it has a single rail 12v with 32A, 80 plus bronze, all the safe measures needed.
November 30, 2012 8:53:28 PM

djangoringo said:
You must be trolling, for a single i3 or i5 ivybridge without gpu those cheap psu's 350w will do...
The corsair cx 430w this one : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Although not as good as series TX or other brands, it will handle any sandybridge/ivybridge/amd with a 7770 or 7850 without blowing the cpu, it has a single rail 12v with 32A, 80 plus bronze, all the safe measures needed.


How am I trolling when I say I have personally witnessed two CX430s fail on me? The first one shorted out after attempting to boot on my i5 work PC, and the second one - which was acquired through an RMA - failed when I was trying to use a Radeon 5800 on the power supply - a low end one at that.
December 2, 2012 3:44:27 PM

Oke, so it comes to end - say last words... ;) 

Processor : Intel® Core™ i3-3220 3.3GHz

Videocard : Asus AMD/ATI Radeon HD7770 1GB GDDR5

RAM : Kingston 8GB

Motherboard : MSI B75MA-E33

The body of PC : Cooler Master Midl tower Elite K(night) 350

Power Supplie : Corsair Builder CX500 ATX2.3 80+ 500W Bulk

HDD : Seagate BARRACUDA 7200 1TB SATA 64MB

Disk drive : Lite-On DVDRW 22X SATA BLACK

in red - things that has been changed...
- (and corsair 430W was removed from shop :(  - so 500W corsair remains)


Last questions -

1.What is the difference between PSU - Corsair 500w bulk and Corsair 500w ?
2. what ram 8gb is better -

Kingston 8GB PC12800 DDR3 CL9 HYPERX KHX13C9B1/8
or
Kingston 8GB PC12800 DDR3 CL10 HYPERX KHX1600C10D3B1/8G





December 3, 2012 3:52:43 PM

1- Sorry to introduce a topic about a PSU in your topic, but my CX430 works just fine. I hope it'll last, unlike g-unit's, but for now I'm happy ;-). But you can't go wrong with the 500. As for the difference between both, to be sure, you could put parts number here, but seems like with the "bulk" version you just won't have a box or a manual with your HDD, just the actual HDD, because it's supposed to be delivered to companies (HP and other computer-builders). Don't need the manual because the instructions are in your Mobo manual, and SATA connector in the mobo box ;-)

2- The later. 1333MHz vs 1600 MHz, latency doesn't change much here, so get the CL10

You acknowledge that your Mobo is still mATX and therefore has little space for future expansions? I know that I told you before that it's just fine, but know that in the future you may want to upgrade. I' consider the ZH77A-G41 (to stay with MSI) because the H77 chipset allows much more future upgrades (along with tha ATX form). You'll be able to use all those parts at their full potential (sata6, usb3, PCIe3) with the B75, but it'll already be at full capacity...
December 3, 2012 4:21:57 PM

exo_39 said:
Oke, so it comes to end - say last words... ;) 

Processor : Intel® Core™ i3-3220 3.3GHz

Videocard : Asus AMD/ATI Radeon HD7770 1GB GDDR5

RAM : Kingston 8GB

Motherboard : MSI B75MA-E33

The body of PC : Cooler Master Midl tower Elite K(night) 350

Power Supplie : Corsair Builder CX500 ATX2.3 80+ 500W Bulk

HDD : Seagate BARRACUDA 7200 1TB SATA 64MB

Disk drive : Lite-On DVDRW 22X SATA BLACK

in red - things that has been changed...
- (and corsair 430W was removed from shop :(  - so 500W corsair remains)


Last questions -

1.What is the difference between PSU - Corsair 500w bulk and Corsair 500w ?
2. what ram 8gb is better -

Kingston 8GB PC12800 DDR3 CL9 HYPERX KHX13C9B1/8
or
Kingston 8GB PC12800 DDR3 CL10 HYPERX KHX1600C10D3B1/8G


B75 will still limit what hardware you're able to get in the future, I'd advise sticking with H77. That Kingston RAM is fine, make sure that it's 1.5V before buying.
December 3, 2012 6:25:20 PM

djangoringo said:
You'll find that the 7770 for 1080p is not such a great card, i advise you to ditch the ssd and buy the 7850 1GB(at least) the power consumption is almost the same, price difference/performance totally worth it.

Euhm, sorry again to add a sub-topic but I have an i3 with the hd7770, standard 1GHz (non-OC'd) edition , non-overclocked system, and I just played the first 30 minutes of Crysis 2, Hi-res pack, Dx11, 1080 res, Ultra settings... Haven't recorded fps yet, but haven't noticed any frame skipped, so must be over 60 fps... Higher-end cards may have a longer life expectancy or be multi-monitor capable at hi-res, but even for latest games it'll do the trick on a single 27" monitor...

So don't worry, you'll be able to play just about anything with your new pc, exo. I understand that you have a budget to keep in mind.

Oh and, don't bother to check for the RAM, I did, it's 1.5V ;-)
December 4, 2012 12:42:18 PM

Oke, thanks for your advices ;) 

But, i have a question about windows 7 operating system...
- Should i get Win 7 32 MB or Win 7 64 Mb ?
December 4, 2012 1:39:11 PM

Get the windows 7 64 bits home premium, you'll have 8 GB ram and only a 64 bits will use it.
December 4, 2012 1:40:40 PM

It's 32Bits or 64Bits, not Mb (a byte not being the same as a bit). ;) 

64. Definitely. The 32-bits system won't even handle over 4GB of RAM and will automatically use only 2GB per bar (4GB) of your 8GB of RAM...
The main difference between the two versions is the way the RAM is handled and how much can the system handle. It's way faster with a 64bit system.
Oh and if a program isn't stable in a 64bit version, you can emulate a 32bit version. There is absolutely no need to use a 32 bit version except for old CPUs that can't handle 64bits. And most sold since Vista (2006) can.

EDIT: sorry, posted around the same time as djangoringo
December 4, 2012 1:44:01 PM

And it's not possible to get 60 fps playing crysis dx11 ultra +hi-res textures @1080p with a 7770, the 560 ti which is better cannot do that, get's ~30 fps...
See a proof : http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_7770_Vapor-X/imag...

Not playable at 1080 with those settings...see the difference between the 7770 is bellow 30 fps (not playable) and a 7850 ~40 fps(playable)
December 4, 2012 2:47:27 PM

That's 1200, not 1080 ;) 
Hey, I wonder how the hell I'm playing Crysis right now!!! You're right, not 60fps, only ~35, with programs including anti-virus in the background and not OC'd
Playable anyways, will make some settings adjustment with my card and let the Ultra settings in place. If you want to spend $70 more on a 7850-7870, go for it, exo
December 4, 2012 3:38:13 PM

Then il get win7 64 bit... :) 

about Radeon HD 7850 - Its an amazing vidoecard,- but it cost more and i guess my budget cant handle it :( 
HD 7770 Spends about 80W, but HD 7850 Spends 130W
(Difference: 50 Watts)

Thanks, i guess this is all ;) 

It seems, that a good videocards cost a lot of money, but it would be super awesome - if the videocards cost less and were powerfull :D 

P.s. my old pc is pentium 3 - 2ghz, 1gb ram and i dont know what about videocard - but its a ***... it takes like 220W...

Well this new pc will take a bit less W i guess...



***Ops forgot to mention something -

Which card is better?
Asus AMD/ATI Radeon HD7770 1GB GDDR5 PCIE HD7770-1GD5
or
Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD7770 1GB GDDR5 PCIE 11201-02-20G

The difference is about 20 $...



December 4, 2012 5:51:40 PM

Check out this page and see if one of your shops takes part in AMD's never settle program if youre buying a 7770. Free Far Cry 3 :) 
December 12, 2012 10:17:42 AM

I got a question about Cooler Master K350 :p 

It has only in front 1 fan, and i thinked - maybe get a fan in rear side ? :whistle: 


So - what fan should i take for Cooler Master K350?

THERMALTAKE SILENT FAN 200 MM

Titan CASE FAN 120MM BULK

or

Zalman SYSTEM COOLING 120MM SILENT


Or suggest me a better and cheaper fan if you can... :sarcastic: 
!