jimphreak

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
I have about a $400-$450 budget to put together an emulator PC capable of running NES, SNES, Sega, N64, PS2, and Gamecube games. I'd like to keep it small enough to fit in my TV console hence why the HTPC's came to mind. The only games I want to play for Gamecube are Smash Brothers and maybe some of the Mario games, that's it. Any suggestions for this type of build?

A build centered around an AMD A10 should get the gamecube games - not positive on the PS2 games. However, that's a kinda silly low budget for a computer that can play games decently as well as streaming media.

Also, don't put it in a cabinet: even if the case itself has good airflow, if it's venting heat into a box... you can see where that's going.

jimphreak

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

$450 is too low to only play emulators on? It's not for PC gaming what-so-ever as I already have a rig for that. I should add I don't need a HDD either. I was under the impression that emulation is mostly CPU intensive so a good GPU wasn't needed. I see your point on not putting it in a cabinet though, I'll keep that in mind. The point was to have it be used just like any other gaming console just to only play legacy games.