Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 or 8 for gaming PC first time builder

Last response: in Systems
November 29, 2012 5:49:11 PM

Guys, this is my first build and I bought most components and now I can't decide between Windows 8 or 7. My main purpose is gaming. I also have to use media center to watch live TV. There are a lot of bad reviews. I just want your inputs. Thanks a lot.
a c 271 4 Gaming
a b $ Windows 7
November 29, 2012 6:05:01 PM

People really hate Metro on Windows 8. I've had no problems with it. My only complaints are the App Store (why???) and the awful XBOX music app. Otherwise the desktop is Windows as usual, and once you get used to how things work it's fine.
m
l
November 29, 2012 6:24:28 PM

Thanks for reply. Another thing is the Media Center is not free for Windows 8. I know it's free for a limited time. What if I need to reinstall it after the free period is over? thanks a lot.
m
l
Related resources
November 29, 2012 6:48:55 PM

Media center really only matters if you plan to use it as a HTPC with a remote. Otherwise, it adds no additional features.
m
l
November 29, 2012 7:43:06 PM

twelve25 said:
Media center really only matters if you plan to use it as a HTPC with a remote. Otherwise, it adds no additional features.

I used a HDHHOMERUN to watch all live tv using Media Center and get rid of the Comcast HD DVR. Without that I don't know what to use.
m
l
!