MSI gtx 660 compatiblity problem with MB

buduleci90

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
I recently got the MSI GeForce GTX 660 OC TwinFrozr III 2GB DDR5 192-bit and Gigabyte GA-B75-D3V.

Problem is: when I start the computer, the monitor doesn't show anything, it's like it's on stand-by. I then connected the GTX 660 to another computer with a pci-e 2.0 motherboard and worked fine (didn't install drivers, just started the computer and saw that it shows stuff on the monitor). I then connected another GPU (Gigabyte GT 420) to my new pc and worked fine aswell (showed stuff on the monitor). If I connect the monitor to the onboard GPU and the gtx 660 is still connected, still nothing displayed. If i remove the gpu and leave the monitor on the onboard gpu, it workes, monitor is showing the regular stuff, bios loading etc.

My question is: is there a compatibility problem between the gpu and the motherboard? Do I need to make a bios upgrade?

Thank you for your help!

unreal9400

Distinguished
It should work with that motherboard.
Or it could be the power is not sufficient.
Make sure you connect the 6-pin power connector to the graphics card.
And make sure you have at least 450W or 500W Power supply unit or else it would not run properly.
If none of these work return the card for warranty.

buduleci90

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
I have a 520W seasonic PS. That wasn't the problem. I've updated the bios to the latest version and it worked!

Problem solved!

mahidoes

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

Yes.. For hybrid bios you have to upgrade the bios. Was that easy. Can you do it inside the windows environment?