Adsuki

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Hey everyone, I found this and was wondering if Battlefield 3, Skyrim, and The Old Republic was true for an HD 7770?

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/revie...hics-card-review-crossfire-and-eyefinity.html

Also, I'm looking for a GPU that's $200, maxium, after shipping and taxes. No rebates, please don't mention rebates. And please don't mention anything that isn't a HD 700/GTX 600 series that fits my budget, thank you.

I'm considering a HD 7770, after seeing that review up there, but it also looks like a new GPU for running everything high along with Max Payne 3 and StarCraft II/Diablo III.

My monitor is 1080p and my HD 6670 overclocked runs Battlefield 3 high, Skyrim maxed out, and dunno about the The Old Republic.

I also want it to be 30+ FPS. I don't mind if it dips a bit but I would like to try and stay at 30+ FPS after dip/average.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention I'm planning on buying something in November-December.

kevin83

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
You want the 7850 unless as your sig says you wait until 2013. The 7770 can handle modern games max settings at 30 fps up to around 768x1024 depending on the game. The 7850 can get close to 30 fps up to 1080p on nearly any game at any settings.

Adsuki

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. To be honest, I forgot what I put in my sig since it was around April-May when I put that up. Ha ha, I changed my mind. It'd be nice to get a new GPU for Christmas so I can save up for a Wii U instead. That's right, I must have my Zelda and totally forgot it was coming out. Ha ha.

Anyway, I'm rolling with an HD 6670 overclocked and gets me very nice FPS in BF3; high settings. And since I can't tell anything with AA's on, I just decided to disable them because I seriously can't tell a difference. And high settings would do nicely, all of the games I got anyway looks way nicer than console versions anyway. But it's either get a new GPU by Christmas, or wait until 2014. By then, my GPU I have now will be totally shot for Battlefield 5 (if they do the CoD scene and upgrade it to Frostbite 3). So with a new GPU that should go almost twice as fast, I can start saving up after I get a Wii U with The Legend of Zelda and I don't even play heavy GPU games other than the ones I listed.

My GPU is good and everything and I loved it when I first got it, but I want something better, faster, you know? Thanks for the replies but I'm looking to spend $200 after taxes and shipping combined together (depending on where I get it as well) and HD 7770 fits into my budget perfectly. Also, I got about $100 aside for Windows 8 when it comes out. So I really can't stretch my budget anymore.

And before I forget, I'm counting on the 7850/660 to drop into my price by the time Black Friday and Christmas sales comes rolling in but when the price does drop from new GPU's being released, I'd be going for the new GPU instead. Hey, I like the latest technology and that's why I don't like to spend to much on my GPU's. =)

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention I'm planning on buying something in November-December.

reddevilfan

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
I'd not upgrade to windows 8 right away, people from Valve, notch, etc. say that windows 8 will be a gaming disaster.

Here's what Gabe Newell had to say about Windows 8: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/07/26/windows-8-is-a-catastrophe-according-to-gabe-newell-valve-hedging-with-steam-on-linux/

Adsuki

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. And I never saw how this was a 'gaming' disaster other than Microsoft bringing the XBOX Live Market to their OS. And has anyone checked out the link above to even tell me if it's accurate or false?

its because Microsoft might(not necessarily will) go in the direction of locking their software suite for gaming requiring users to use games for windows live similar to how Apple has OSX on a lock. This kind of software hurts businesses like Steam and Orgin and business like it because it would require them to have to go through Microsoft first and verify their software for win8. Gaben was only one of the few who criticized windows 8, others would include one of the higher officials in blizzard(which i cant remember who) and Notch from Minecraft, who refused to verify Minecraft for Windows 8 on request.