Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I plan on upgraded my PC this Christmas. Currently I have the following:

PSU:Corsair 750
RAM: 8b (4gb x 2)
CPU:Intel i5-3570k
Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
GPU: EVGA GTX 550ti

I'm looking to upgrade the gpu to something that can game on high/ultra settings while also having Fraps on. I'm mostly trying to record my gameplay to put it on youtube. Is the GTX 670 going to be able to run Fraps while also giving me decent FPS in a game on high settings? If not, what card can do that for me?

Solution
I have just about an identical setup with the MSI 670 PE, and my i5 running @ 4.2ghz. I have played dayZ on highest settings and fraps capturing at max resolution at 30fps and it goes fine. I have to kick up my case fans but that just stops the gpu and cpu fans from having to do too much work. So yeah the 670 will do fine, however it may vary on the game and the settings you have it on.

Burgies

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
I have just about an identical setup with the MSI 670 PE, and my i5 running @ 4.2ghz. I have played dayZ on highest settings and fraps capturing at max resolution at 30fps and it goes fine. I have to kick up my case fans but that just stops the gpu and cpu fans from having to do too much work. So yeah the 670 will do fine, however it may vary on the game and the settings you have it on.

Solution