Im looking for a Videocard

Vermicryx

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
I've been building my computer for about 2 weeks now, just gathering everything I need for the initial run. Let me tell you what I have so far:

Case: Cooler Master 912

CPU: Intel I5 3570K 3.4ghz

Stock Intel CPU cooler

Ram: G.Skill 16gb (2x8gb)

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4

SSD: 2x Intel SSD 520 series 120gb

HDD: Western Digital 7200 1.5TB

(had to buy the OEM version plus the upgrade to pro for clean install)
Power Supply: Antec 750W 4x12v rails (not fully modular-which sucks in the case for cable management :| )

Fans: 1 200mm high performance top case fan, 4x high performance cooler master 120mm fans 2 in front, one on side and one on back for exhaust

Monitors: 1 36" HP LED monitor and a secondary Sony 3D 24" screen

mouse/keyboard: Roccat Isku keyboard and Cooler Master Recon Mouse

I'm looking for a video card that will work well with gaming, but not so amazing that i'll bottleneck anywhere. I have to 560ti's I got for really cheap, but before I opened them, I was told not even worth it to use. I will resale, and the price I got them is the only reason I picked them up. Also if you have anything you think I should change or explain anything in more depth let me know. Yes I know I'm not running any LED's or light in my case, but Im not really looking for that shock factor until I decide to go water cooled and OC. (which i don't plan for a little) which is why I went with the HAF 912 case. :D I'm looking for either a fairly decent x8 pci-e SLI or xfire, or a great single PCI-e 16x single card.

Games I play right now on my current (SC 2, Diablo3, Left for dead 2, Portal 2, Crysis 1/2/3, Witcher 2, Doom 3 BFG, maybe go back to mists of pandaria (but been avoiding it) BF3, and blakc ops 2) pretty much any decent game. I don't play racing games on pc, as I use my 360 and ps3 for forza 4, and GT5.

Also anyone know much about gunnar glasses? I wanted to look into them (for fun) but if theres a reason not to, let me know. Thanks guys.

The i5 should not bottleneck anything.

If you have the 560Ti(s?) already, you might as well use them. Its not like they are bad or anything.

And I don't believe in Gunnar glasses. I have a program on my computer that pretty much does the same thing.

wolflive

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
I agree the 560Ti isn't all that bad. I would say ask yourself how much are you wiling to spend on it. Then base your choices on that. Getting your best bang for your buck.

Vermicryx

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
any suggestions as better cards? Im looking for something that can run most any games at ultra (excluding witcher and crysis obviously not reachable at high fps)