AT&T and Rogers SIM Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ME

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

hi folks, i got one at&t samsung fone and put my Rogers sim in it and it
doesnt work.
when both are the same companies then why? also when at&t and cinguler sims
works with each other
then why not rogers work with at&t ?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

If one phone is locked to a USA company it will not work in Canada.

"me" <dont@writemehere.NO> wrote in message
> hi folks, i got one at&t samsung fone and put my Rogers sim in it and it
> doesnt work.
> when both are the same companies then why? also when at&t and cinguler sims
> works with each other
> then why not rogers work with at&t ?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

"me" <dont@writemehere.NO> wrote in message
> hi folks, i got one at&t samsung fone and put my Rogers sim in it and it
> doesnt work.
> when both are the same companies then why? also when at&t and cinguler
> sims
> works with each other
> then why not rogers work with at&t ?

They're not the same company. Rogers had an agreement with AT&T and AT&T
had some ownership in Rogers (but not a majority). AT&T has since sold its
Rogers shares and the agreement has ended. They have roaming agreements
only.

Jim

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

at&t and cingular are the same company. Rogers and AT&T are not.

"me" <dont@writemehere.NO> wrote in message
> hi folks, i got one at&t samsung fone and put my Rogers sim in it and it
> doesnt work.
> when both are the same companies then why? also when at&t and cinguler
> sims
> works with each other
> then why not rogers work with at&t ?

will$

Distinguished
May 9, 2011

ya man you need to unlock your at&t phone then slip the sim in and she'll work!