Sign in with
Your question

Which laptop, if either, can run Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Laptops
  • World Of Warcraft
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 8, 2012 3:03:17 AM

So the laptop I am currently using and am typing this on is an aging dinosaur. Every time I turn this thing on, I pray that it won't turn into an instantaneous shrapnel grenade from just trying to boot up. Anyways, I'm looking into getting a new laptop (mostly for school, only a tiny bit for gaming) and two caught my eye. They're both in my price range, and from what I've heard both are good brands (however I'm a Chemistry and Biology geek, not a savvy tech). The first is an ASUS (Asus Matte Dark Brown 15.6" K55A-RBR6 Laptop PC with Intel Core i5-2450M Processor and Windows 7 Home Premium) that has 4 gigs of ram, an Intel Core i-5 2450M proccessor, however the graphics card says to be UMA which I've read to be undedicated and not nearly as great as some others. The other laptop is a Toshiba (Toshiba 15.6" Satellite L855D-S5220 Laptop PC with AMD A8-4500M Accelerated Processor and Windows 7 Home Premium) with an AMD A8 4500M processor and an AMD Radeon HD 7640g graphics card, holding 6 gigs of RAM. The AMD processor says its a quad-core, but reading online I've seen postings saying that its not a "true" quad core. Both are $500, which is the absolute most I can spend. Honestly, the only games that I'm very interested in playing is World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, and Starcraft 2. They don't need to be outstanding and beautiful, I just want to be able to play them without it glitching and tweaking out like the girl from the Ring. If someone could help me out and point me in the right direction as to which would be the better buy, I would really appreciate it.

More about : laptop run diablo world warcraft

October 8, 2012 3:21:39 AM

Heard of paragraphs? What you have written is rather hard to read.

So the laptop I am currently using and am typing this on is an aging dinosaur. Every time I turn this thing on, I pray that it won't turn into an instantaneous shrapnel grenade from just trying to boot up. Anyways, I'm looking into getting a new laptop (mostly for school, only a tiny bit for gaming) and two caught my eye. They're both in my price range, and from what I've heard both are good brands (however I'm a Chemistry and Biology geek, not a savvy tech).

The first is an ASUS (Asus Matte Dark Brown 15.6" K55A-RBR6 Laptop PC with Intel Core i5-2450M Processor and Windows 7 Home Premium) that has 4 gigs of ram, an Intel Core i-5 2450M proccessor, however the graphics card says to be UMA which I've read to be undedicated and not nearly as great as some others.

The other laptop is a Toshiba (Toshiba 15.6" Satellite L855D-S5220 Laptop PC with AMD A8-4500M Accelerated Processor and Windows 7 Home Premium) with an AMD A8 4500M processor and an AMD Radeon HD 7640g graphics card, holding 6 gigs of RAM.

The AMD processor says its a quad-core, but reading online I've seen postings saying that its not a "true" quad core.

Both are $500, which is the absolute most I can spend. Honestly, the only games that I'm very interested in playing is World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, and Starcraft 2. They don't need to be outstanding and beautiful, I just want to be able to play them without it glitching and tweaking out like the girl from the Ring. If someone could help me out and point me in the right direction as to which would be the better buy, I would really appreciate it.
m
l
October 8, 2012 3:26:10 AM

The Toshiba should play diablo 3 and sc2 on low. Not sure about WOW.

The ASUS has a rubbish video card and I don't think it will be able to play D3, sc2 or WOW.
m
l
October 8, 2012 3:27:44 AM

You'd be better off with the AMD one in this situation.
The on-chip graphics on it will be able to run those games whereas the intel laptop won't be able to.
HD 3000 graphics is pretty bad, whereas Radeon 7640G is good entry level graphics.
m
l
!