Closed

Return to Castle Wolfenstein Help

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 11, 2004 3:45:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

I recently purchased Return to Castle Wolfenstein and am enjoying it.
However after playing for a while I am now stuck in Mission 3 Forrest
Compound. I have even tried God mode and I still get exit not available. I
have killed all but the guard to let the truck through and been around the
terrain so much it is driving me dizzy. Can anyone give me some assistance
on this level?

--

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war,
no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Have you found the snooper rifle yet? You cant get out without it.
<Steve@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> I recently purchased Return to Castle Wolfenstein and am enjoying it.
> However after playing for a while I am now stuck in Mission 3 Forrest
> Compound. I have even tried God mode and I still get exit not available.
> have killed all but the guard to let the truck through and been around the
> terrain so much it is driving me dizzy. Can anyone give me some
assistance
> on this level?
>
> --
>
> "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any
war,
> no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they
perceive
> the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their
> Nation." - George Washington.

April 11, 2004 7:00:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Found two parachutes but no snooper rifle. Am I looking in the wrong place?

"Donnie Gerrin" <dgerrin231779@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Have you found the snooper rifle yet? You cant get out without it.
> <Steve@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > I recently purchased Return to Castle Wolfenstein and am enjoying it.
> > However after playing for a while I am now stuck in Mission 3 Forrest
> > Compound. I have even tried God mode and I still get exit not
available.
> > have killed all but the guard to let the truck through and been around
the
> > terrain so much it is driving me dizzy. Can anyone give me some
> assistance
> > on this level?
> >
> > --
> >
> > "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any
> war,
> > no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they
> perceive
> > the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their
> > Nation." - George Washington.

Related resources
April 11, 2004 7:15:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

If you enter the level with the snooper rifle (or all weapons) then you can't
pick up the snooper rifle near one of the parachutes and trigger the "snooper
rifle found" objective.

--
pop is Mark
I'm lost. I've gone to look for myself.
<Steve@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> I recently purchased Return to Castle Wolfenstein and am enjoying it.
> However after playing for a while I am now stuck in Mission 3 Forrest
> Compound. I have even tried God mode and I still get exit not available. I
> have killed all but the guard to let the truck through and been around the
> terrain so much it is driving me dizzy. Can anyone give me some assistance
> on this level?
>
> --
>
> "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war,
> no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive
> the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their
> Nation." - George Washington.

April 11, 2004 7:16:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

If you enter the level with the snooper rifle (or all weapons) then you can't
pick up the snooper rifle near one of the parachutes and trigger the "snooper
rifle found" objective.
--
pop is Mark
I'm lost. I've gone to look for myself.
If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
--
<Steve@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> I recently purchased Return to Castle Wolfenstein and am enjoying it.
> However after playing for a while I am now stuck in Mission 3 Forrest
> Compound. I have even tried God mode and I still get exit not available. I
> have killed all but the guard to let the truck through and been around the
> terrain so much it is driving me dizzy. Can anyone give me some assistance
> on this level?
>
> --
>
> "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war,
> no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive
> the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their
> Nation." - George Washington.

Anonymous
April 11, 2004 4:35:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Did you 'collect' the sniper rifle from the para drop at the MG post?

Steve@NOSPAM.com wrote:
:: I recently purchased Return to Castle Wolfenstein and am enjoying it.
:: However after playing for a while I am now stuck in Mission 3 Forrest
:: Compound. I have even tried God mode and I still get exit not
:: available. I have killed all but the guard to let the truck through
:: and been around the terrain so much it is driving me dizzy. Can
:: anyone give me some assistance on this level?
::
:: --
::
:: "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in
:: any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to
:: how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and
:: appreciated by their Nation." - George Washington.
April 11, 2004 4:35:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

MG post?

"Hamish" <ya.gotta.be.joking@hahaha.org> wrote in message
> Did you 'collect' the sniper rifle from the para drop at the MG post?
>

> Steve@NOSPAM.com wrote:
> :: I recently purchased Return to Castle Wolfenstein and am enjoying it.
> :: However after playing for a while I am now stuck in Mission 3 Forrest
> :: Compound. I have even tried God mode and I still get exit not
> :: available. I have killed all but the guard to let the truck through
> :: and been around the terrain so much it is driving me dizzy. Can
> :: anyone give me some assistance on this level?
> ::
> :: --
> ::
> :: "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in
> :: any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to
> :: how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and
> :: appreciated by their Nation." - George Washington.

Anonymous
April 11, 2004 4:53:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

You did well to get that far without the sniper rifle to take out the
guards without the alarm being sounded. I must go back and try that!

Steve@NOSPAM.com wrote:
:: I recently purchased Return to Castle Wolfenstein and am enjoying it.
:: However after playing for a while I am now stuck in Mission 3 Forrest
:: Compound. I have even tried God mode and I still get exit not
:: available. I have killed all but the guard to let the truck through
:: and been around the terrain so much it is driving me dizzy. Can
:: anyone give me some assistance on this level?
::
:: --
::
:: "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in
:: any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to
:: how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and
:: appreciated by their Nation." - George Washington.
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 6:33:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

When you exit the tunnel via the central door and go up the ladder then
approach the MG post, you need to take out the officer and the gunner
near the tower. Go back to the rear and locate the para drop of
'goodies' which includes the snooper rifle. The parachute is visible
caught up in the tree.

Steve@NOSPAM.com wrote:
:: MG post?
::
:: "Hamish" <ya.gotta.be.joking@hahaha.org> wrote in message
:: news:0b2ec.5204$KS1.269743@nasal.pacific.net.au...
::: Did you 'collect' the sniper rifle from the para drop at the MG
::: post?
:::
:::
:::
:::
::: Steve@NOSPAM.com wrote:
::::: I recently purchased Return to Castle Wolfenstein and am enjoying
::::: it. However after playing for a while I am now stuck in Mission 3
::::: Forrest Compound. I have even tried God mode and I still get
::::: exit not available. I have killed all but the guard to let the
::::: truck through and been around the terrain so much it is driving
::::: me dizzy. Can anyone give me some assistance on this level?
:::::
::::: --
:::::
::::: "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve
::::: in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly
::::: proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars
::::: were treated and appreciated by their Nation." - George
::::: Washington.
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 9:45:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Old problem everybody had some difficulty with this level because of that
OSA M1S "SNOOPER" rifle.
I have a walkthrough of the game and here is the section regarding the
forest level.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE BEFORE YOU PLAY

If you use the GIVE ALL cheat then collecting the rifle is a small problem
because you can't pick something up that you already have.
Only 2 ways to fix this problem.

1 Kill yourself and start this level again without the cheat
2 Shoot up ALL the snooper ammo till you can pick some extra ammo then
collect the gun

-------------------------------------
| [MISSION 3: WEAPONS OF VENGEANCE] |

------------------------------
| MISSION 3 CONTENTS |
------------------------------
| [PART 1: Forest Compound] |
| [PART 2: Rocket Base] |
| [PART 3: Radar Installation] |
| [PART 4: Air Base Assault] |
--------------------------------

You'll witness another meeting of the OSA, as the bureaucrats are scratching
their heads trying to make sense of what B.J. discovered during his mission.
But there are more pressing matters. It seems one known as "Deathshead" has
been tracked to a remote rocket base and is planning to launch a new type of
chemical warhead at London! They'll also mention that's it's worth investi-
gating whether this man has anything to do with the previous events. As it
turns out, B.J. is already on the way there.

Finally back to the land of the living, you'll face Nazi soldiers almost
exclusively throughout this mission.

--------------- -----------------------------
| [MISSION 3] | [PART 1: FOREST COMPOUND] |
---- --------------- ----------------------------- -------------------------
--
You've been parachuted in a forested valley near the compound, with only
your

-----------------------------------
| [RECOVER OSA M1S "SNOOPER" RIFLE] |
-----------------------------------
Go forward (you can't climb the steep slopes) until you reach a ruined barn.
There is a sentry patrolling outside so get rid of him silently. If you
approach the barn un-noticed you'll hear two guards talking about the
parachute across the lake. Dispatch both of them and go in the water towards
the tree with a parachute stuck in it. Under the tree is the first supply
crate, containing a Colt, some .45 ammo and health bags. Grab the loot and
head back to the barn. Now keep going in the valley until you reach a small
house. You'll know you're there when you see two planes pass overhead.
Silently take care of the sentry outside and the other one inside the house.

Now if you look around you'll see a guard tower and a bridge down the road
near the house. If you look closer with your binoculars, you'll see one
sentry
in the guard tower and two guarding the bridge. If you go that way you'll be
spotted for sure. So instead go behind the house and follow the mountain
wall
to a tunnel. Then go through the mountains left of the tunnel. You'll pass
behind the first guard tower, past the river and eventually see a second
guard
tower up ahead. The sentry up there isn't looking in your direction, but
he'll
hear you if you make a lot of noise. So quietly sneak to the guard tower and
climb it up to get rid of him. Hopefully the guards at the bridge didn't see
you. You can look at them with the binoculars to make sure they have their
backs turned beforehand.

Now climb back down and go in the tunnel ahead of you. While the guards at
the
other end are checking up on the truck, quickly sneak to the door with a red
light in the right wall. Follow the passage behind the door and it will lead
you up above through a hatch on the other side of the tunnel. From this
position you can see the forest compound down the road. It is well guarded
however, so turn around and follow the mountain path. Soon you'll reach a
small fortified position with an MG-42 gun and two guards, so kill them
quietly. There's an armored helmet by the alarm switch if you're interested.
Now face the MG-42, and turn around. Go forward and near the mountain wall
you'll see another parachute with the second drop container. There you'll
find
health, some more ammo, a Thompson and the Snooper rifle!

----------------------------------
| [INFILTRATE THE SUPPLY COMPOUND] |
----------------------------------
up
there with your new toy, the Snooper. Then face the compound and quickly
snipe
the two sentries guarding the entrance before they set off any alarm. There
is
one patrolling in front of the main gate and one above the gate standing in
doorway. This can be tricky because they probably saw the guy you just
killed
fall down from the guard tower, but not that hard to pull off. To be safer,
go
back to the hatch near the tunnel and snipe them both from there. They
shouldn't be able to see you. Once that's done, run to the left of the main
gate and follow the wall until you reach an open window. How convenient!
Climb
in and you'll be in the compound.

| [STOWAWAY IN SUPPLY TRUCK BOUND FOR ROCKET BASE] |
Just to your left as you enter is a Mauser with scope on a table. Take it if
you want. Then to your right in the next room is an officer facing the wall
before a table. Take him out. Next to the table is a clipboard.

-------------
| Clipboard |
------------- ---------------------------------------------------
| To: Shipping and Receiving |
| From: Oberst Steiner |
| |
| The replacement V2 liquid fuel rocket motor is expected to |
| arrive shortly. It is essential for this shipment to be fully |
| staged and delivered to Component Integration |
| immediately upon receipt. Because of last Thursday's |
| unfortunate incident, time is now extremely critical and |
| delays will no longer be tolerated. |
| |
| Oberst Walter Steiner |
| Commanding Officer, Reich Special Projects, NW District |

and you'll see a water tower in the distance. Get out your Snooper rifle and
target the platform up the tower. A sentry is circling around it. When you
have a clear shot, quickly kick the window to break it then shoot the guard.
If you break the window too soon he'll see you through it. Now climb on the
table where the Mauser rifle was (to your left) and go out the window. Climb
on the pile of crates that are right next to the window (on the corner of
the
building) and jump on the cable that's running between the two buildings.
Walk on the cable and jump on the roof of the larger building. While on the
roof, look past the water tower and you'll see the shipping dock where a
truck
is parked. There is a sentry patrolling the dock, so snipe him from your
position. Then go down the hatch on the roof into a secret area. Inside
you'll
find some ammo and an helmet. But that's not all. See the gas canisters next
to a crate? Shoot them to blow the crate open and reveal a golden helmet!
Just
how many of those do you have by now anyway?

Now exit the building through the door, then go to the gate in front of you
and slightly to the right. Go through it and enter the building directly to
your left. Shoot the officer who's mumbling to himself inside. Exit, walk
around the building and go to the shipping dock. Enter the back of the truck
to sneak inside the rocket base. Whew.
January 28, 2009 4:13:22 PM

Quote:
[...]

| To: Shipping and Receiving |
| From: Oberst Steiner |
| |
[...]

Hi, I need help please. I am at the end of this part. Not able to get to the truck witout alarm. The last guard always put on an alarm. What to do?

Many thanks.

John

October 18, 2009 9:24:28 PM

Gobey said:
Hi, I need help please. I am at the end of this part. Not able to get to the truck witout alarm. The last guard always put on an alarm. What to do?

Many thanks.

John

hi was looking on here i saw u had bother getting in the truck on castle wolf did you manage it im stuck at it 2 any help would be great thx jim
Anonymous
January 6, 2010 6:25:04 PM

make sure that no alarms are sounded.
January 6, 2010 11:45:28 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!