Sign in with
Your question

Need help with my computer ASAP please help me

Last response: in Windows 7
February 24, 2012 1:45:04 PM

I have windows 7. Last night I did 2 major updates, and I also updated to the latest updated driver for my video card. I start up skyrim and start playing and the screen goes black so I hard boot my computer. In the past 3 months I have had to hard boot my computer a lot. I know for a fact that my cd rom drive doesnt work. I lights up a orange looking color on the front and doesnt read any cds/dvd's. So I was expecting it to do the same thing start up etc. It was giving me blue screens also. Which i thought maybe it has something to do with the recent driver update for the video card. So now when ever i start my computer it asks me which option i want safemode or normal start up or advanced last location. I have tried all option and everytime it gets to the windows logo a little glitch line pops in the middle of the screen and the computer restarts. I cant get it to load any option not safe mode or safe mode with networking nothing. It doesnt even load the drivers when i chose safe mode. Im stuck im not sure what to do. I need some help. I have a custom built computer msi board miltary class 2 with an i7 processor and 8 gigs of ram and two 512 seagate hard drives. I also have a evga video card the 560 model i belive. Im at the end of my road with this computer. It was good for a year and now its been giving me greif and im not sure how to exactly fix it.

More about : computer asap

February 24, 2012 2:13:41 PM

tyfigh107 said:
I have windows 7. Last night I did 2 major updates, and I also updated to the latest updated driver for my video card. I start up skyrim and start playing and the screen goes black so I hard boot my computer. In the past 3 months I have had to hard boot my computer a lot. I know for a fact that my cd rom drive doesnt work. I lights up a orange looking color on the front and doesnt read any cds/dvd's. So I was expecting it to do the same thing start up etc. It was giving me blue screens also. Which i thought maybe it has something to do with the recent driver update for the video card. So now when ever i start my computer it asks me which option i want safemode or normal start up or advanced last location. I have tried all option and everytime it gets to the windows logo a little glitch line pops in the middle of the screen and the computer restarts. I cant get it to load any option not safe mode or safe mode with networking nothing. It doesnt even load the drivers when i chose safe mode. Im stuck im not sure what to do. I need some help. I have a custom built computer msi board miltary class 2 with an i7 processor and 8 gigs of ram and two 512 seagate hard drives. I also have a evga video card the 560 model i belive. Im at the end of my road with this computer. It was good for a year and now its been giving me greif and im not sure how to exactly fix it.

question can you get the error code from the bluescreen or get us the system dump file
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
February 24, 2012 2:14:45 PM

Please give your complete system specifications so anyone who reads it can help you:

Power supply make and model
Processor
Motherboard make and model
Ram make and model
HDD/SSD make and model
OS 64 or 32bit (im guessing 64)
m
l
!