Sign in with
Your question

Recently built a new PC, Looking to boost its performance a bit.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 8, 2012 4:55:26 AM

A already own one 7750 I was wondering if it would be worth crossfiring? I can get another one for like $90.

Specs.
CPU : Intel Core i5 2320 3.0GHZ
GPU : PowerColor Radeon HD7750 1GB
RAM : 8GB ram
MOBO : ASRock B75 Pro3-M Motherboard
PSU : Antec VP450P 450W Power Supply
CASE : NZXT Guardian 921RB Blue LED
samsung disk drive and a 1TB 7200RPM HDD.
My display is a samsung syncmaster 24inch with 2ms response time (1920 x 1080)

October 8, 2012 5:02:55 AM

Nope, crossfiring 7750s is not a good idea - the performance won't be that great compared to a $200 card and you get driver issues + microstutter (which may or may not be bad enough to be visible).

If you need more power, your best bet is to sell your 7750 and upgrade to a 7850 or something like that.
m
l
October 8, 2012 5:07:00 AM

what about your machine feels slow and what's your budget?

My reflex suggestion is get an SSD and it'll make your machine FEEL fast because SSD's do wonders for responsiveness- fast booting, probably faster zone changes in games, instantaneous app launching. But it won't do much if you're say, encoding video or other CPU intensive tasks.

for gaming, I suppose step up to another 7750 but is 450W enough for two of them? are you experiencing low FPS in the games you're playing?
m
l
Related resources
October 8, 2012 5:08:11 AM

BigMack70 said:
Nope, crossfiring 7750s is not a good idea - the performance won't be that great compared to a $200 card and you get driver issues + microstutter (which may or may not be bad enough to be visible).

If you need more power, your best bet is to sell your 7750 and upgrade to a 7850 or something like that.

Yeah I thought so :/  well what would the best gpu (from pccasegear or another Aussie website) for $200 is? Im guessing as you said 7850 you recommend that?
m
l
October 8, 2012 5:13:34 AM

bliq said:
what about your machine feels slow and what's your budget?

My reflex suggestion is get an SSD and it'll make your machine FEEL fast because SSD's do wonders for responsiveness- fast booting, probably faster zone changes in games, instantaneous app launching. But it won't do much if you're say, encoding video or other CPU intensive tasks.

for gaming, I suppose step up to another 7750 but is 450W enough for two of them? are you experiencing low FPS in the games you're playing?

Yeah bf3 :/  it just doesn't run well enough at 1080p, MW3 on the other hand run's like butter, and MC run's awesome to :) . PC is already really responsive and is just so much better than my p4 machine :p 
m
l
October 8, 2012 5:38:02 AM

what's the difference between the one I suggested and the one you posted ? you should read up on that.
m
l
October 8, 2012 5:43:03 AM

swifty_morgan said:
what's the difference between the one I suggested and the one you posted ? you should read up on that.

same price extra 30GB....

oh.. The SanDisk ReadyCache SSD is optimized for use with ExpressCache software from Condusiv Technologies. This caching software automatically caches your most frequently accessed data to improve overall system response times. ExpressCache software is available for download from the SanDisk website2.
m
l
October 8, 2012 5:45:44 AM

you should study them harder. and don't be afraid to drift from either site to find out. it's not an "SSD" I was suggesting.
m
l
October 8, 2012 5:47:41 AM

swifty_morgan said:
you should study them harder. and don't be afraid to drift from either site to find out. it's not an "SSD" I was suggesting.

The SanDisk ReadyCache SSD is optimized for use with ExpressCache software from Condusiv Technologies. This caching software automatically caches your most frequently accessed data to improve overall system response times. ExpressCache software is available for download from the SanDisk website2. Is that what your talking about?
m
l
October 8, 2012 6:14:37 PM

you should post all the information not be selective about it/.
m
l
!