steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Try as I might I keep getting the message that it cannot find an
installation of Wolf when trying to upgrade to V1.4 from V1.32. Anyone
heard of this problem and know how to fix it?

--

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war,
no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:57:28 GMT, <Steve@NOSPAM.com> wrote:

>Try as I might I keep getting the message that it cannot find an
>installation of Wolf when trying to upgrade to V1.4 from V1.32. Anyone
>heard of this problem and know how to fix it?

Have you installed the game into the default directory or did you put
it somewhere else?

MAD-DOG-UK

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Same default directory.

"MAD-DOG-UK" <maddog@shhh_imhiding.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:57:28 GMT, <Steve@NOSPAM.com> wrote:
>
> >Try as I might I keep getting the message that it cannot find an
> >installation of Wolf when trying to upgrade to V1.4 from V1.32. Anyone
> >heard of this problem and know how to fix it?
>
> Have you installed the game into the default directory or did you put
> it somewhere else?
>
> MAD-DOG-UK

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

MAD-DOG-UK <maddog@shhh_imhiding.com> wrote in message news:<0ses70thq75d1iqklugcolu94d2c4ao28r@4ax.com>...
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:57:28 GMT, <Steve@NOSPAM.com> wrote:
>
> >Try as I might I keep getting the message that it cannot find an
> >installation of Wolf when trying to upgrade to V1.4 from V1.32. Anyone
> >heard of this problem and know how to fix it?
>
> Have you installed the game into the default directory or did you put
> it somewhere else?
>
> MAD-DOG-UK

U have to install v1.33 before v1.4..thats it.

"Spider-Qc" <theonepg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> MAD-DOG-UK <maddog@shhh_imhiding.com> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:57:28 GMT, <Steve@NOSPAM.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Try as I might I keep getting the message that it cannot find an
> > >installation of Wolf when trying to upgrade to V1.4 from V1.32. Anyone
> > >heard of this problem and know how to fix it?
> >
> > Have you installed the game into the default directory or did you put
> > it somewhere else?
> >
> > MAD-DOG-UK
>
> U have to install v1.33 before v1.4..thats it.

Interesting since it says v1.4 will upgrade from any version.

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

<Steve@NOSPAM.com> schreef in bericht

> "Spider-Qc" <theonepg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > MAD-DOG-UK <maddog@shhh_imhiding.com> wrote in message

Anyone

> > > Have you installed the game into the default directory or did you put
> > > it somewhere else?
> > >
> > > MAD-DOG-UK
> >
> > U have to install v1.33 before v1.4..thats it.
>
> Interesting since it says v1.4 will upgrade from any version.

And yes it does upgrade from any version.
I had to reinstall my pc last month and also had to reinstall my copy of
RtCW.
This is the first CD-Rom so its version 1.0 and I just updated it with the
1.4 patch without using that old 1.3 patch.

=A|A=Blitzkrieg

"=A|A=Blitzkrieg" <abc@def.nl> wrote in message
> <Steve@NOSPAM.com> schreef in bericht
> >
> > "Spider-Qc" <theonepg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > MAD-DOG-UK <maddog@shhh_imhiding.com> wrote in message

> Anyone

> > > U have to install v1.33 before v1.4..thats it.
> >
> > Interesting since it says v1.4 will upgrade from any version.
> >

> And yes it does upgrade from any version.
> I had to reinstall my pc last month and also had to reinstall my copy of
> RtCW.
> This is the first CD-Rom so its version 1.0 and I just updated it with the
> 1.4 patch without using that old 1.3 patch.
>
> =A|A=Blitzkrieg

Mine won't from V1.32.

Steve@NOSPAM.com wrote:
> "=A|A=Blitzkrieg" <abc@def.nl> wrote in message
>
>><Steve@NOSPAM.com> schreef in bericht
>>
>>>"Spider-Qc" <theonepg@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>Anyone

> put

>>>Interesting since it says v1.4 will upgrade from any version.
>>>

>>And yes it does upgrade from any version.
>>I had to reinstall my pc last month and also had to reinstall my copy of
>>RtCW.
>>This is the first CD-Rom so its version 1.0 and I just updated it with the
>>1.4 patch without using that old 1.3 patch.
>>
>>=A|A=Blitzkrieg
>>

> Mine won't from V1.32.

Maybe there are several versions of the patch that upgrade from
from different versions. Did you get the right one? Or am I
just talking nonsense?

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

"Asfand Yar Qazi" <im_not_giving_it_here@i_hate_spam.com> schreef in bericht
> Steve@NOSPAM.com wrote:
> > "=A|A=Blitzkrieg" <abc@def.nl> wrote in message
> >
> >><Steve@NOSPAM.com> schreef in bericht

> >>Anyone

> > put

> >>And yes it does upgrade from any version.
> >>I had to reinstall my pc last month and also had to reinstall my copy of
> >>RtCW.
> >>This is the first CD-Rom so its version 1.0 and I just updated it with
the
> >>1.4 patch without using that old 1.3 patch.
> >>
> >>=A|A=Blitzkrieg
> >>

> > Mine won't from V1.32.
> >

> Maybe there are several versions of the patch that upgrade from
> from different versions. Did you get the right one? Or am I
> just talking nonsense?

There are 2 1.4 updates
1.4 and 1.41
1.4 is for the players
1.41 is when you want to run a server but stil you need to do 1.4 first

And there are 2 versions of 1.4 Windows and Linux so no suprise there.
So just get the 1.4 update and it should do the trick.
But when you go to the single player mode then you just might see that the
single player is still 1.3 and not 1.4.
This is because the 1.4 update is made for the multi player mode only.

> "Asfand Yar Qazi" <im_not_giving_it_here@i_hate_spam.com> schreef in
bericht
> > Steve@NOSPAM.com wrote:
> > > "=A|A=Blitzkrieg" <abc@def.nl> wrote in message

> > > put

> the

> > > Mine won't from V1.32.
> > >

> > Maybe there are several versions of the patch that upgrade from
> > from different versions. Did you get the right one? Or am I
> > just talking nonsense?
>
> There are 2 1.4 updates
> 1.4 and 1.41
> 1.4 is for the players
> 1.41 is when you want to run a server but stil you need to do 1.4 first
>
> And there are 2 versions of 1.4 Windows and Linux so no suprise there.
> So just get the 1.4 update and it should do the trick.
> But when you go to the single player mode then you just might see that the
> single player is still 1.3 and not 1.4.
> This is because the 1.4 update is made for the multi player mode only.
>
> =A|A=Blitzkrieg

1.4 update says it cannot find an installation of the program which is
installed in the default directory. I just gave up on it and have been
playing the game as it is.