Sign in with
Your question
Closed

HD 7750 vs GTX 650

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 8, 2012 4:50:22 PM

Which is better? I find unclear benchmarks.. Where I am at it has almost the same price and I am skeptical about the 7750 because I hear they have driver issues.. Help! thanks..

More about : 7750 gtx 650

a c 106 U Graphics card
October 8, 2012 4:56:27 PM

1. both amd and nvidia have plagued current gen drivers

2. the 7750 and 650 trade blows depending on game.
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 8, 2012 5:07:25 PM

Go with the cheaper or if the price is the same the one with the better cooling system-more overclocked.
Score
Related resources
October 8, 2012 6:12:43 PM

so amd and nvidia currently has driver issues.. that's not good to hear.. the cheapest one i can find is powercolor hd7750.. i see the most powercolor vc are the cheapest.. is it not good?
Score

Best solution

October 8, 2012 8:27:19 PM

I've tried both of these cards. I bought the GTX 650 a couple of weeks ago. I was disappointed with the performance in WoW. My FPS was a lot lower than they should have been. However, it was more to do with the current 306.23 driver. Many WoW players have issues with that driver.

I returned the card and got a HD 7750. That is the current card I'm using. It performs much better in WoW than the GTX 650. The only con I have with the 7750 is for some reason, my FPS takes a big hit as I mess with the liquid detail. I don't know if that is a driver issue or not. But overall, at least for WoW, the 7750 is quite a bit better. That could change with future drivers I suppose.

On a side note, I usually go with nvidia because I've always heard of driver issues with the AMD, which is the reason I originally went for the more expensive GTX 650. I've had the HD 7750 for a few days and I have to say I'm very happy with it. I haven't had any driver issues. So far it seems like a great card for what I use it for.
October 8, 2012 9:02:11 PM

Robert781 said:
I've tried both of these cards. I bought the GTX 650 a couple of weeks ago. I was disappointed with the performance in WoW. My FPS was a lot lower than they should have been. However, it was more to do with the current 306.23 driver. Many WoW players have issues with that driver.

I returned the card and got a HD 7750. That is the current card I'm using. It performs much better in WoW than the GTX 650. The only con I have with the 7750 is for some reason, my FPS takes a big hit as I mess with the liquid detail. I don't know if that is a driver issue or not. But overall, at least for WoW, the 7750 is quite a bit better. That could change with future drivers I suppose.

On a side note, I usually go with nvidia because I've always heard of driver issues with the AMD, which is the reason I originally went for the more expensive GTX 650. I've had the HD 7750 for a few days and I have to say I'm very happy with it. I haven't had any driver issues. So far it seems like a great card for what I use it for.

I see that we have the same thoughts about amd.. hehehe.. I am seeing a lot of post about 7000 series driver issues and I don't want to be a part of that. hd 7750 is one of the most recommended budget video cards and I really like it.. one thing i like is the zero core..but i see post about issues when the card is going to zero core.. anyway I haven't tried both so I wouldn't know. thanks for the advice.. I guess I'd have to wait for better drivers for GTX 650..some reviews are saying that gtx 650 matches hd 7770.. any thoughts on that?
Score
October 8, 2012 9:13:33 PM

arnoldlouie said:
I see that we have the same thoughts about amd.. hehehe.. I am seeing a lot of post about 7000 series driver issues and I don't want to be a part of that. hd 7750 is one of the most recommended budget video cards and I really like it.. one thing i like is the zero core..but i see post about issues when the card is going to zero core.. anyway I haven't tried both so I wouldn't know. thanks for the advice.. I guess I'd have to wait for better drivers for GTX 650..some reviews are saying that gtx 650 matches hd 7770.. any thoughts on that?

Like I said, I was worried about what I heard to in regards to AMD. That said, I haven't seen any driver issues with the AMD card I just got. It's been running great for the few days I've had it. Hopefully it will stay that way. As of right now, I'm very happy that I returned the GTX 650 and got the HD 7750. Not only did I save 25 bucks, I got a card that seems to play WoW better. I only play WoW and older games like Diablo 2, so I'm not sure about more modern games.

Honestly, I wouldn't hesitate to try the AMD card. I'll admit I was nervous about it but so far it's been smooth sailing.
Score
October 8, 2012 9:36:11 PM

Best answer selected by arnoldlouie.
Score
October 8, 2012 9:36:37 PM

thanks everyone!
Score
December 2, 2012 2:34:06 PM

If I want TF2, Minecraft, etc, at 70+ FPS (at MAX) and new games at 40+ FPS (on medium) which is better?
Score
!