Closed Solved

HD 7750 vs GTX 650

Which is better? I find unclear benchmarks.. Where I am at it has almost the same price and I am skeptical about the 7750 because I hear they have driver issues.. Help! thanks..
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 7750
  1. 1. both amd and nvidia have plagued current gen drivers

2. the 7750 and 650 trade blows depending on game.
  2. Go with the cheaper or if the price is the same the one with the better cooling system-more overclocked.
  3. so amd and nvidia currently has driver issues.. that's not good to hear.. the cheapest one i can find is powercolor hd7750.. i see the most powercolor vc are the cheapest.. is it not good?
  4. Best answer
    I've tried both of these cards. I bought the GTX 650 a couple of weeks ago. I was disappointed with the performance in WoW. My FPS was a lot lower than they should have been. However, it was more to do with the current 306.23 driver. Many WoW players have issues with that driver.

I returned the card and got a HD 7750. That is the current card I'm using. It performs much better in WoW than the GTX 650. The only con I have with the 7750 is for some reason, my FPS takes a big hit as I mess with the liquid detail. I don't know if that is a driver issue or not. But overall, at least for WoW, the 7750 is quite a bit better. That could change with future drivers I suppose.

On a side note, I usually go with nvidia because I've always heard of driver issues with the AMD, which is the reason I originally went for the more expensive GTX 650. I've had the HD 7750 for a few days and I have to say I'm very happy with it. I haven't had any driver issues. So far it seems like a great card for what I use it for.
  5. Robert781 said:
    I've tried both of these cards. I bought the GTX 650 a couple of weeks ago. I was disappointed with the performance in WoW. My FPS was a lot lower than they should have been. However, it was more to do with the current 306.23 driver. Many WoW players have issues with that driver.

I returned the card and got a HD 7750. That is the current card I'm using. It performs much better in WoW than the GTX 650. The only con I have with the 7750 is for some reason, my FPS takes a big hit as I mess with the liquid detail. I don't know if that is a driver issue or not. But overall, at least for WoW, the 7750 is quite a bit better. That could change with future drivers I suppose.

On a side note, I usually go with nvidia because I've always heard of driver issues with the AMD, which is the reason I originally went for the more expensive GTX 650. I've had the HD 7750 for a few days and I have to say I'm very happy with it. I haven't had any driver issues. So far it seems like a great card for what I use it for.

I see that we have the same thoughts about amd.. hehehe.. I am seeing a lot of post about 7000 series driver issues and I don't want to be a part of that. hd 7750 is one of the most recommended budget video cards and I really like it.. one thing i like is the zero core..but i see post about issues when the card is going to zero core.. anyway I haven't tried both so I wouldn't know. thanks for the advice.. I guess I'd have to wait for better drivers for GTX 650..some reviews are saying that gtx 650 matches hd 7770.. any thoughts on that?
  6. arnoldlouie said:
    I see that we have the same thoughts about amd.. hehehe.. I am seeing a lot of post about 7000 series driver issues and I don't want to be a part of that. hd 7750 is one of the most recommended budget video cards and I really like it.. one thing i like is the zero core..but i see post about issues when the card is going to zero core.. anyway I haven't tried both so I wouldn't know. thanks for the advice.. I guess I'd have to wait for better drivers for GTX 650..some reviews are saying that gtx 650 matches hd 7770.. any thoughts on that?

Like I said, I was worried about what I heard to in regards to AMD. That said, I haven't seen any driver issues with the AMD card I just got. It's been running great for the few days I've had it. Hopefully it will stay that way. As of right now, I'm very happy that I returned the GTX 650 and got the HD 7750. Not only did I save 25 bucks, I got a card that seems to play WoW better. I only play WoW and older games like Diablo 2, so I'm not sure about more modern games.

Honestly, I wouldn't hesitate to try the AMD card. I'll admit I was nervous about it but so far it's been smooth sailing.
  7. Best answer selected by arnoldlouie.
  8. thanks everyone!
  9. If I want TF2, Minecraft, etc, at 70+ FPS (at MAX) and new games at 40+ FPS (on medium) which is better?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx HD Graphics