Sign in with
Your question

Help! I'm about to throw this card out the window!

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
December 1, 2001 12:17:08 PM

Hi:

I am trying to install the Creative Sound Blaster Audio PCI model CT4810, on my 98 machine. The problem, is that I keep getting the message:"The SBPCI Interrupt has been routed incorrectly by the system. Audio PCI inactive. Use automatic settings in the Device Manager." I have tried to download the "latest&greatest" drivers from the web. The same-thing occurred. Any-suggestions? I am getting quite-angry, and am ready to run over the blessed sound card, w/ my car, after throwing it out the window!

thanks,

Mumme

More about : throw card window

December 3, 2001 5:23:05 PM

My advice? Throw it out the window and drive over it. It'll be fun :) 

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Related resources
December 3, 2001 8:41:06 PM

YCS, I seriously doubt that'll help much.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
December 4, 2001 9:23:49 PM

did you try the link it shows numerous people that have had same error and fixed it. It was just another place for him since nobody answered him.
December 4, 2001 9:54:30 PM

I answered him. On my system, I tried every fix I could find (weeks of searching), and it was never fixed. You could've linked him to some actual answers, instead of just a Google search.

December 5, 2001 7:01:48 AM

I'd try to make sure the sound card's IRQ is not conflicting with anything (if you haven't done so already). Either that or change the IRQ that it's using.
December 5, 2001 11:13:07 AM

SORRY I GUESS I THOUGHT KNOBY COULD HELP HIM SO I POSTED THE GOOGLE SEARCH TO LET HIM KNOW THAT HE WASN'T ALONE IN THE MATTER AND IF HE GOES TO THE OTHER FORUM HE MIGHT FIND A ANSWER
December 5, 2001 4:13:47 PM

Please don't type in all caps. I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet, and I've got a headache.

December 6, 2001 1:55:07 AM

Try setting PNP OS-NO, and reserving IRQ5, in BIOS. Move the card to the third slot. Good luck!

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
December 6, 2001 10:38:59 PM

Quote:
Try setting PNP OS-NO, and reserving IRQ5, in BIOS. Move the card to the third slot. Good luck!

yup.

Another Cookie? Who is going to pay my dentist bill?
December 6, 2001 10:41:26 PM

More help would come with more details....Rest of the system? what slot? How many other cards installed? Irq sharing?

The easiest solution? Install Winme which has native wdm driver support for the card. If not try www.driverguide.com

Another Cookie? Who is going to pay my dentist bill?
December 16, 2001 8:54:39 AM

oh ;) , don't put in throw the window,
put it in my garbage ;) 

try the audio card with just the vid card
without any other card

this is the best to kill irq & interrupt conflict

then reinsert the other cards, one by one

EasyInfo :cool:
I would like to Invest for my PC !!
ok, buy nothing.
December 2, 2002 3:56:30 PM

The AudioPCI family of cards were really a bastard stepchild created by the merger of Ensoniq and Creative Labs. I've had so many problems with these cards myself, that I'd recommend just going out and getting a Hercules Gamesurround Muse 5.1 or Gamesurround Muse XL, both are really inexpensive sound cards that work very well and have current drivers (the AudioPCI line died out awhile back, and drivers and support are spotty).
December 10, 2002 12:50:50 PM

I got this message every time i install the wrong drivers...
there is 3 or 4 different chips that looks the same , and the cards looks the same too, the only difference is the number on chip:1370, or 1371, 1373, e.t.c. Try to download exact drivers from creative - it now much easier than it was.
December 13, 2002 3:24:41 AM

i never did get my audigy (or my tv tuner or my 56k pci modem) to work correctly on my via based system. i suggest a motherboard swap if you are using a via chipset. I ordered a epox 8rda+ (nforce2) and suspect an audigy would work properly on a well designed, stable chipset.

I pulled the audigy out of my current system and am using the onboard sound (crap), and will give the nforce audio a try for a bit but suspect the audigy will be superior in quality and cpu usage.

Athlon 1700+, Epox 8RDA+ (Nforce2), 2x256mb Crucial PC2100, Geforce 3, Audigy, Z560s
!