Solved

SLI Set-up help

Hello:

I have just installed two GTX 670's. I have them up and working in SLI and have run BF3 and Borderlands. However, I am having a couple of issues.

1. two of the three monitors (monitors 2 and 3) keep turning off and I can't find a setting to stop this. I keep on having to hit the menu button on these monitors.

2. When I open an application, the open an inch over from the right-side of the screen overlapping into the other screen.

For reference, they are MSI GTX 670's and my monitors are ASUS ProArt's - all three are the same. Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

If you can give me some suggestions or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Rally
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help
  1. how do you have the monitors wired to the GPU's?
  2. Right...

Going from right to left:

1. DVI (GTX card #1)
    2. HDMI (GTX card #1)
    3. HDMI (GTX Card #2)

Thanks.
  3. and how does MSI dictate to have them wired?
  4. They do not, that I know of.

I have now found a guide on the geforce.com - so I have switched to all three monitors on DVI...

Updated drivers.... Issues still exist.

Oddly, the right monitor (#3) - which is now DVI plug two, on card #1 - blacks out the most... It can be brought back by 1) touching a face button on the monitors and 2) sometimes by hitting my desk. I know this indicates a loose connection, but I have double checked that they are all tight..
  5. Best answer
    correct me if I'm wrong - the card you have has 1 HDMI, 1 DP, 1 DVI-D and a DVI-I connection

are you using the DVI-D connector with a Dual-Link cable?

--

Here's how I would connect them...
    Mon1-DVI-D Port1 Card1
    Mon2-HDMI Card1
    Mon3-HDMI or DVI-D Port1 Card2
  6. Best answer selected by Rallystclair.
  7. Both DVI connections are dual link - one I one D.... Don't know what that really means - it seems the cables I was using, which are DVI-D can work with either the DVI-D or DVI-I plugs... Anyways, I did find out what the issues was, which was not related to the video cars, cable or connectors.

As it turns out, the ASUS monitors that I purchased had a "human sensor" i.e. they turn off when they do not sense a human/motion in front of them. With three monitors the right two, and especially the right one was always turning off. This also explains why when I hit the desk they would click back on. Anyways, now that I have turned off that ridiculous function - all is well.

In the end, I have gone with what you suggested as it will also allow me to get my older 4th auxillary monitor working was well.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Monitors SLI Graphics