Your question

Help with this pc- can it run Wow or possibly other games like BF3

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 8, 2012 9:34:42 PM

Hey people,
Im interested in buying a new pc for gaming, To get straight to the point, is this pc (Link below) good for gaming. For wow mostly i might want to buy borderlands and poss BF3. Any advice will be appreciated.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/pc/range/novatechblacknta09.h...
Novatech Black NTA09 - AMD FX-6100 Processor - 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory - 1TB SATA Hard Drive - ATI 7850 1GB Graphics Card - Novatech Gaming Case & 750W PSU

Also this PC, http://meshcomputers.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=PRODUCTCONFI...

(Quick note, all i want is a pc that can run Wow and other games smoothly - 30 fps+ in all areas etc)

Thanks in advance, imi
October 8, 2012 9:59:28 PM

it should play most games well on 1200x1024 but if you want 1920x1080 then i would suggest building your own computer or buying a higher end pre built rig. Also AMD processors arent the best for gaming, Intel's would perform better but your going to pay for it.
October 8, 2012 10:01:22 PM

Yeah, that should be a pretty good gaming PC. The video card would be consider mid-range gaming and should handle just about anything out today, albeit not at the highest resolutions.

The CPU is OK, but I'd go Intel i3/i5 or FX 4100 series for gaming. Games won't make use of all 6 cores in the FX6100 and the clock speed is lower on the 6100 than on 4100. So you are probably paying more for less in that regard.
a b 4 Gaming
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 8, 2012 10:17:12 PM

Novatech one
For a prebuilt PC it has a surprisingly good graphics card but thats one of the worst gaming CPUs from a value point of view
Mesh one
Thats what I expect from a prebuilt one, the CPU is good but the graphics card will not even play most modern games, the only upgrade option is not much better.
I suggest you find a site that you can totally customise the build (or build yourself) and get an i3 cpu & the Radeon 7850 or better.
!