Solved

Whats better than two HD 6950's?

hey guys, it may be time for me upgrade since i have a terrible case of OCD when it comes to running everything on ultra at 60fps i was wondering if someone could answer this for me

I happen to currently have a pair of Crossfirex'd HD 6950's 2g. i was wondering if there is any single graphics card that would be worth the buy that would perform better than these two guys together that i have had for a while.

i have been saving up fro a while so let me know if there is anything worth the buy, or if i should just wait it out a while longer.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about whats 6950
  1. you could try flashing them to 6970's,more cores,better performance.
  2. That's what i had in mind when i got them but i'm not sure i want to risk it.
  3. Best answer
    crossfired 6950's will be on the top tier cards level. You will have to wait at least another generation to get something better.(anyways waiting a generation would fit the 2 generation upgrade rule i tend to advise)
  4. mddog222 said:
    That's what i had in mind when i got them but i'm not sure i want to risk it.

well you're planning on replacing them anyway lol.
  5. mvitkun said:
    well you're planning on replacing them anyway lol.

yea but i wouldn't want to do anything that could damage them.
  6. dudewitbow said:
    crossfired 6950's will be on the top tier cards level. You will have to wait at least another generation to get something better.(anyways waiting a generation would fit the 2 generation upgrade rule i tend to advise)

yea, you're probably right. ill see what other people have to say about it but i have a feeling im going to be sticking with these cards for a while longer.
  7. Why you need to replace them now? Its still very good. Wait for next gen and after Crysis 3 game arrive. It will require a lots of gpu power(I hope not).
  8. I don't NEED to replace them, i was just wondering if it is worth it to get something better. i still run like everything on max i guess, but based on everyone's response i should just keep em for now.
  9. Best answer selected by mddog222.
  10. You could get a third 6950! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards HD Graphics