Lag on a high end computer

minidoffa

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Hi everyone. half a year ago i built my own computer. it took me maybe 2 days to build it, and the first thing i did was to test it with battlefield 3.... it ripped it appart on ultra witch an constan 80-90 fps. after downloading some other games i found out something. none of them would run properly. its REALLY annpoying when your pc rig to a 1100$
dont want to play assassins creed 3 on low, or far cry 3, or darksiders 2, or sr3, or borderlands 2 etc etc. I have tried to get help from the website i buyed my pc from, but neither they found out anything.

until now i have tried *resseting, updating, and reinstalling all types off drivers
* always keeping my pc clean, deleting evrything on the computer
* updating all sorts of chipset stuff, bios from gigabytes website.
* over clocking (got a water cooling system) then turning it back to normal
* disabeling one of the graphicscards.

Nothing has worked yet, so if anyone can see a problem, please tell me.

All you need to know:
- cabinet - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus Midi Tower
- powersuply 1stk - Corsair TX V2 650W PSU
- Prosessor 1stk - AMD FX-8120 8-Core Processor
- main card 1stk - Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3, Socket-AM3+
- RAM 1stk - Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB KIT
- Graphics card 2stk - XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB GDDR5
- SSD 1stk - Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB BK SATA3.0
- DVD 1stk - OEM DVD-RW

(if you need more info
please tell)

minidoffa

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
No, it is lag overall. In some games like darksiders 2 disabeling one of the graphics cards would fix the problem. But this does not work on many other games. games like assassins creed 3 runs smooth until you get to e specific aria. Also a lot of games has this problem that it not lags, but if you look a special place the fps drop is extreme. Im so extremely confused...

Alex Woo

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
I would tell you maybe try to defrag your pc or start cleaning out the junk using cc cleaner, and if that still dosen't work try to update your drivers

Anthony Chu

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
TBH I don't really like radeon based cards they just don't work with me...apart from that did you take a nice look at the running processes there might be some that are just not needed. You might want to do some scans like @Ales Woo said. There may also be some issues with with CF/SLI support in some games simply because Nvidia or amd haven't fixed their drivers so they can support those games. But I really don't see any problems with your hardware.. try using this small program http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster it might help and if you see a big difference then it's probably because the programs that are running in the background.

nastynas

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
this is a shot in the dark but i think using a 7950 would be better than two 7850s because there can be some inconsistencies with crossfire/sli

swat7970

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
1-some games like far cry 3 and assasins creed 3 have major bugs that impact performance greatly no matter how powerfull your pc is .
2- the 7850 isnt a good choice for playing at high resolutions assuming ofcoarse your playing at 1080p , its natural to expect poor performance from a 7850 with games that are gpu intensive such as far cry 3 ,and that arent optimised for crossfire .
3- your cpu has such a low single thread performance that a 3rd generation i3 can outperform it in some games.

Rugnir_Viking

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Its the cpu.

That cpu is really poor, it compares to the lower end i5s
the only area where it exels is overclocking, and if you haven't touched it the single thread performance is really godawful.
honestly even the fx4100 which itself is similar but 4 core outdoes this processor.
I have had experience with this and i would say also look around the settings, maybe you just didn't disable some integrated graphics or maybe the ram isn't quite connected or something strange.

but mostly yes the processor is poor, especially for that gpu setup which at least wants high end i5 or low/med i7.
AMD don't even sell processors that can touch that gpu setup

Colin Sivak

Honorable
May 20, 2013
Wait, how BF3 running at 60-80 FPS, the 7970 couldn't even do that! Unless you are running at a different resolution with lower AA.
I would assume that the games you have downloaded are too much for your GPU.

tJava

Honorable
May 10, 2013
That's odd. It might be the crossfire because I have 1 7850 and it runs Far Cry 3 on max settings with no lag.

dan000

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
I experienced a similar problem recently I have a 7970 and was getting terrible fps and it turned out my power supply didn't have enough wattage to support it and because your running a dual card setup I would recommend a higher wattage PSU. I switched to an 850W PSU and all of the problems were solved. That's my advice.

hemantgta

Distinguished
May 25, 2012

he is right

William Longstreet

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013

games u listed are opimizec for intel cpu's and nvidia gpu's.... lol nice job on overpaying for parts though :). not to mention the shit htat 2 amd cards give u in xfire

gazoll

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
I wouldn't call anything with a built in graphics card 'high end', but meh. Have you already installed a 64-bit JRE and increased the memory for minecraft to take advantage of those 8GB of ram? Google minecraft 64-bit and you'll find what you're looking for. If that doesn't help, the problem is with your memory card. You have no choice but to reduce some of the settings. Dynamic Lighting, render distance and fancy vs fast graphics options make the biggest difference, but you can remove other things like clouds to get a decent FPS boost.

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

fgjnxhmhhu

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
what's going on? is it getting micro stutters?
hu7m.jpg

asado999

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Okay my friend, listen close to my advice:
1. Replace your dual AMD graphics cards with a single Nvidia gtx 780/770 (whichever one of those fits your budget)
2. Upgrade to 16GB of RAM (optional but gives you a monstrous boost)
3. Get a 850W PSU, or at least 750w. Your 8 cores of AMD metal need more power, otherwise you will have MAJOR lags.

William Longstreet

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013

Sounds good......... But 125 watts for the CPU and another ~450 for a 770.... I'd just grab a gold Rated or modualer 750 watt er

RamjoTejada

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Driver sweep your AMD drivers and reinstall them.
I've experience this before. AMD drivers can be quite troublesome at times.
Or yeah, maybe it is your PSU.

Liljake19

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Your running two graphics cards? with a 650watt PSU. I would bet money that its your PSU and definitely look into getting some more rams. 1 stick of 8 gigs is pretty iffy. If your looking for some cheap decent ram the corsair veangence kits are pretty nice. But try removing 1 of your graphics cards and see how it runs then. I had the same problem i was running an i7 3820, 2 6970s, and everything else and my coumputers was getting really bogged down and then i threw in a 1000 watt and it runs better than ever.