Sign in with
Your question

One out of two monitors not working eyefinity

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 9, 2012 7:04:51 AM

2 out of 3 monitors are working whichever one i plug into the active display port doesnt work

i have a picture of the back of my pc to show you setup just ask for it

also CCC dosnt work but i have all the driver and gfx and everything is working correctly just CCC i cant open... but i can set it up through control panel and it read that there is a third screen a and i can move my mouse there with a delay to get it back the only thing is isnt doing is showing anything......(also wheni sprint screen and paste in paint it shows three screen worth)

so i assumed it was the display port so i went back to centercom saying i think you sold me the wrong cord but they assured me its not the cord its how ive set it up S:

ive played around with all the buttons on the screen with no results

graphics card is a 7850

if anyone could PLEASE help me it would be greatly appreciated...i spent alot of money to get this system and to have it not work is rather frustrating
October 9, 2012 8:04:55 AM

Here are the basic Eyefinity rules from AMD's site:

-The first two monitors can connect to the graphics card with any display output on your product: HDMI, VGA, DVI or DisplayPort.
-The third (or greater) display must be connected to the graphics card via DisplayPort.
-If your monitor does not have a DisplayPort connection, you will need an active DisplayPort adapter for it.
-Every family of GPUs supports a different maximum number of displays.

Have you followed all of the above?
m
l
October 9, 2012 8:11:15 AM

- first 2 monitors are connected directly to gfx card third is connected via a display port

"""-If your monitor does not have a DisplayPort connection, you will need an active DisplayPort adapter for it"""
not entirely sure what you mean here

"""Every family of GPUs supports a different maximum number of displays"""
or here

Sorry im not to great with pc talk
m
l
Related resources
October 9, 2012 8:19:24 AM

It appears to be an active connection, so you are probably OK in that respect.

You mentioned that CCC is not working. What version are you running? Have you tried reinstalling it?
m
l
a b C Monitor
October 9, 2012 8:22:21 AM

It's an active Display Port you're using so you really should not have a problem.
Have you used the Create Eyefinity Display Group using the Catalyst Control Center (CCC)??
Are all 3 Displays being detected?
And Keep resolutions to a minimum before setting the Displays so as to not exceed the maximum Resolution allowed by the GPU.
m
l
October 9, 2012 8:40:52 AM

Herr_Koos said:
It appears to be an active connection, so you are probably OK in that respect.

You mentioned that CCC is not working. What version are you running? Have you tried reinstalling it?

CC isnt working ive tryed everything inthat respect detelete sweeping in safe mode everything short of reformatting pc i think it might be a .netframework error and yes ive tryed everything in that respcet to
m
l
October 9, 2012 8:44:57 AM

alyoshka said:
It's an active Display Port you're using so you really should not have a problem.
Have you used the Create Eyefinity Display Group using the Catalyst Control Center (CCC)??
Are all 3 Displays being detected?
And Keep resolutions to a minimum before setting the Displays so as to not exceed the maximum Resolution allowed by the GPU.

CCC does not work

3 are DEFINETELY detected but anyone that is connected to active display port does not work

resolution is at 1920 x 1080 for three 27inch screens it saying reccemended in brackets ive tryed dropping resolution down for all three but nothing happens, ill try dropping them down again but this time ill restart pc
m
l
October 9, 2012 8:46:17 AM

chumbucket said:
i think it might be a .netframework error

What gave you that impression? Do you have any Windows Update alerts?
m
l
October 9, 2012 8:50:05 AM

just dropped all three to 1600 x 900 then restarted and it had no change
m
l
October 9, 2012 8:53:05 AM

Herr_Koos said:
What gave you that impression? Do you have any Windows Update alerts?

yes i do i cannot get windows update to update ive tryed for months and even hired a computer tech to come over to try to fix it he spent hours on it and gave up and said to reformat it ive been dealing with it for months and been trying to fix it for the same amount of time my last resort is to reformat tommorrow

for what ever reason its stuck on 93 updates and when i try it just says it failed
m
l
October 9, 2012 8:55:26 AM

chumbucket said:
yes i do i cannot get windows update to update ive tryed for months and even hired a computer tech to come over to try to fix it he spent hours on it and gave up and said to reformat it ive been dealing with it for months and been trying to fix it for the same amount of time my last resort is to reformat tommorrow

for what ever reason its stuck on 93 updates and when i try it just says it failed

I assume this is a legal version of Windows?
m
l
October 9, 2012 8:58:29 AM

alyoshka said:
Actually, follow the Driversweeper process and let us know what error messages you're getting when you try to reinstall the AMD drivers.... if any.

Here's a little reference thread
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/304643-33-delete-driv...

i dont get any errors when installing and my computer reads which gfx card i have in and it runs games perfectly, its just that CCC will not open due to me not being able to update windows somthing to do with .netframework from what i have gathered
m
l
October 9, 2012 8:59:51 AM

Herr_Koos said:
I assume this is a legal version of Windows?

i would assume so it diid come with the pc when i bought it
m
l
October 9, 2012 9:02:35 AM

is it a MUST to use CCC to set it up?
under display in control panel i seem to be able to set most of it up is CCC going to change the fact that theres no vidoe through display port monitor?
m
l
a b C Monitor
October 9, 2012 9:03:06 AM

Errrrrrrr...:)  and we've all heard "Assumptions are the mother of all......."

Yes, it would be advisable to use the CCC to setup Eyefinity.
m
l
October 9, 2012 9:06:57 AM

but is it possible to not?

if i remormat do you think i can get windows updates to work ><
m
l
October 9, 2012 9:15:09 AM

The fact that Windows Update seems to be broken is already posing a massive security risk to your PC. I would reformat.
m
l
a b C Monitor
October 9, 2012 9:15:22 AM

You can setup multiple displays through the Display Options for Win 7, that means you can get monitors to function, but, you will need all the apps to be configured individually to be able to use the screen space if you wanted all the real estate to be occupied.
CCC on the other hand creates one large plot of screen space not needing the individual apps to be configured.
So yes it is a hell of a lot more easier.

You need to first check which updates have failed to be installed and then just retry them. Usually certain updates will not move on if you don't have the base update installed. Just check in the windows update center and see which ones haven't been installed and install them one at a time.... oldest update first.
m
l
October 9, 2012 9:30:01 AM

now im stuck between reformatting and alyoshka suggested
i can reformat tommorrow
with indevidual updates i cant do that until friday because i just moved hhouse and will not have the internet until friday
m
l
a b C Monitor
October 9, 2012 9:35:54 AM

Even if you reformat you rig tomorrow, you will still need to update it to get the .Net thing updated.... :) 
Might as well try the Driversweeper. If that doesn't work.... then you can try the updates and finally if they both don't work, you can go in for a reformat.
m
l
October 9, 2012 9:38:53 AM

Try alyoshka's suggestion first; if it works you can save yourself some effort. If it doesn't work, you can think about a format.
m
l
October 9, 2012 9:46:29 AM

bah this sucks, maybe i should just move to console gaming haha
m
l
!