One out of two monitors not working eyefinity

chumbucket

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
2 out of 3 monitors are working whichever one i plug into the active display port doesnt work

i have a picture of the back of my pc to show you setup just ask for it

also CCC dosnt work but i have all the driver and gfx and everything is working correctly just CCC i cant open... but i can set it up through control panel and it read that there is a third screen a and i can move my mouse there with a delay to get it back the only thing is isnt doing is showing anything......(also wheni sprint screen and paste in paint it shows three screen worth)

so i assumed it was the display port so i went back to centercom saying i think you sold me the wrong cord but they assured me its not the cord its how ive set it up S:

ive played around with all the buttons on the screen with no results

graphics card is a 7850

if anyone could PLEASE help me it would be greatly appreciated...i spent alot of money to get this system and to have it not work is rather frustrating

Here are the basic Eyefinity rules from AMD's site:

-The first two monitors can connect to the graphics card with any display output on your product: HDMI, VGA, DVI or DisplayPort.
-The third (or greater) display must be connected to the graphics card via DisplayPort.
-If your monitor does not have a DisplayPort connection, you will need an active DisplayPort adapter for it.
-Every family of GPUs supports a different maximum number of displays.

Have you followed all of the above?

chumbucket

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
- first 2 monitors are connected directly to gfx card third is connected via a display port

"""-If your monitor does not have a DisplayPort connection, you will need an active DisplayPort adapter for it"""
not entirely sure what you mean here

"""Every family of GPUs supports a different maximum number of displays"""
or here

Sorry im not to great with pc talk

It's an active Display Port you're using so you really should not have a problem.
Have you used the Create Eyefinity Display Group using the Catalyst Control Center (CCC)??
Are all 3 Displays being detected?
And Keep resolutions to a minimum before setting the Displays so as to not exceed the maximum Resolution allowed by the GPU.

chumbucket

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

CC isnt working ive tryed everything inthat respect detelete sweeping in safe mode everything short of reformatting pc i think it might be a .netframework error and yes ive tryed everything in that respcet to

chumbucket

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

CCC does not work

3 are DEFINETELY detected but anyone that is connected to active display port does not work

resolution is at 1920 x 1080 for three 27inch screens it saying reccemended in brackets ive tryed dropping resolution down for all three but nothing happens, ill try dropping them down again but this time ill restart pc

chumbucket

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

yes i do i cannot get windows update to update ive tryed for months and even hired a computer tech to come over to try to fix it he spent hours on it and gave up and said to reformat it ive been dealing with it for months and been trying to fix it for the same amount of time my last resort is to reformat tommorrow

for what ever reason its stuck on 93 updates and when i try it just says it failed

I assume this is a legal version of Windows?

chumbucket

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

i dont get any errors when installing and my computer reads which gfx card i have in and it runs games perfectly, its just that CCC will not open due to me not being able to update windows somthing to do with .netframework from what i have gathered

chumbucket

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
is it a MUST to use CCC to set it up?
under display in control panel i seem to be able to set most of it up is CCC going to change the fact that theres no vidoe through display port monitor?

You can setup multiple displays through the Display Options for Win 7, that means you can get monitors to function, but, you will need all the apps to be configured individually to be able to use the screen space if you wanted all the real estate to be occupied.
CCC on the other hand creates one large plot of screen space not needing the individual apps to be configured.
So yes it is a hell of a lot more easier.

You need to first check which updates have failed to be installed and then just retry them. Usually certain updates will not move on if you don't have the base update installed. Just check in the windows update center and see which ones haven't been installed and install them one at a time.... oldest update first.

chumbucket

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
now im stuck between reformatting and alyoshka suggested
i can reformat tommorrow
with indevidual updates i cant do that until friday because i just moved hhouse and will not have the internet until friday

Even if you reformat you rig tomorrow, you will still need to update it to get the .Net thing updated.... :)
Might as well try the Driversweeper. If that doesn't work.... then you can try the updates and finally if they both don't work, you can go in for a reformat.