Help, my server disconnect people

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Hi i made a RTCW (Wolfenstein) server on one of my 2 computers. Theese
computers are connected to the internet (static IP, ADSL) by a switch and a
router (Zyxel 642R ADSL). I forwarded (NAT) port 27960 to the servercomputer
at adress (10.0.0.3).

I have no problem connecting to the server from my other homecomputer and
the server is shown correct in ASE and the RTCW buildin serverlist. The
problem is when friends of mine try log on they often loose the connection
(goes 999) for 1 - 30 seconds. And after 3-5 minuts the server simply
disconnect them without any errormessages.

I'm pretty sure that the serverconfiguration is correct and my
upload/download (512 kbit) is correct. I tried make a server on 2 different
computers and we tried test it 3 different times but the problem is still
the same.

Anybody here who knows what is wrong ??

Thanks Michael

Michael wrote:
> Hi i made a RTCW (Wolfenstein) server on one of my 2
> computers. Theese computers are connected to the internet
> (static IP, ADSL) by a switch and a router (Zyxel 642R
> ADSL). I forwarded (NAT) port 27960 to the servercomputer
> at adress (10.0.0.3).

I think that this only port is not
enough. Google for "ports router
RTCW" or alike.

Vilco

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

have you tried DMZ on the router?