Sign in with
Your question

Streaming Build

Last response: in Systems
December 1, 2012 12:17:49 AM

I'm looking to stream LoL in 720p and wanted to know the cheapest possible build, I have 8mb upload which should be sufficient

Demands:

Game
- Graphics maxed out
- 1080p
- stable 60 fps

Stream
- 720p
- stable ~30 fps

I currently own a 2k gaming pc but if the money difference is worth it I plan on selling it and make a new one solely for playing and streaming LoL

More about : streaming build

December 1, 2012 12:26:46 AM

Your current PC should be fine.
December 1, 2012 12:44:09 AM

They make cards that do all the work for streaming a game as well. Its effectively a capture card like those for TV, but the connect to HDMI or VGA and will capture using a built in hardware encoder.

Many users use those types of cards as they work on almost any system and do not rely on the video card and cpu do as much of the work.

They can even be installed in a cheap system that is fast enough to do any required trans coding.
Related resources
December 1, 2012 12:49:37 AM

nukemaster said:
They make cards that do all the work for streaming a game as well. Its effectively a capture card like those for TV, but the connect to HDMI or VGA and will capture using a built in hardware encoder.

Many users use those types of cards as they work on almost any system and do not rely on the video card and cpu do as much of the work.

They can even be installed in a cheap system that is fast enough to do any required trans coding.

Those are pretty expensive though aren't they? Like $100+. I think his CPU can handle Xsplit. LoL isn't very intensive at all anyway.
December 1, 2012 1:04:46 AM

samuelspark said:
Those are pretty expensive though aren't they? Like $100+. I think his CPU can handle Xsplit. LoL isn't very intensive at all anyway.

Cheaper then building a full system just for streaming :) 

I do get your point. Nothing is as intense as Fraps with its hard drive eating low compression.
December 1, 2012 10:20:10 AM

samuelspark said:
Your current PC should be fine.

I know my current PC is fine I ca stream in 1080p @ 200 fps without problems, but imo it's overkill as I wont be using my pc for anything else anymore

nukemaster said:

Recommended cards and minimum pc requirements to actually run such a card?
December 1, 2012 1:30:41 PM

Most cards recommend something in the 2ghz dual core cpu or faster.

If your system is so fast. I would tend to agree with the other poster about just using it.
Only reason I suggest the card is it allows you to record/stream from another system.
Again, Not sure if that is worth something to you or not, but with that much power, you are most likely better with just using the system you have.
December 1, 2012 3:15:06 PM

nukemaster said:
Most cards recommend something in the 2ghz dual core cpu or faster.

If your system is so fast. I would tend to agree with the other poster about just using it.
Only reason I suggest the card is it allows you to record/stream from another system.
Again, Not sure if that is worth something to you or not, but with that much power, you are most likely better with just using the system you have.

Imo my current pc is overkill as I'm only gonna use it for LoL playing+streaming and nothing else anymore,
I can sell the case for 1k and rebuild a new smaller + cheaper pc and have some cash over to do whatever,
but if you guys say it's not worth it I guess it isn't :) 
December 4, 2012 1:28:04 PM

Bump
December 4, 2012 1:49:22 PM

Your PC isn't worth much. You could get maybe $800 because it is old tech.
December 4, 2012 2:08:44 PM

samuelspark said:
Your PC isn't worth much. You could get maybe $800 because it is old tech.

Already had a 1.2k offer but it's irrelevant to my question :) 
December 4, 2012 2:34:59 PM

Stevy said:
Already had a 1.2k offer but it's irrelevant to my question :) 

You said you wanted to sell it. 1.2k... Wow. Some people -.-
December 4, 2012 2:41:28 PM

samuelspark said:
You said you wanted to sell it. 1.2k... Wow. Some people -.-

You're point being?
You haven't even replied once to my actual question, it seems to me you're one of "those" people
December 4, 2012 2:46:04 PM

Stevy said:
You're point being?
You haven't even replied once to my actual question, it seems to me you're one of "those" people

You asked if it was worth it to build a computer, I said no.
December 4, 2012 2:47:52 PM

samuelspark said:
You asked if it was worth it to build a computer, I said no.

I asked what the cheapest possible build was to successfully stream LoL with certain demands
December 4, 2012 2:53:10 PM

"I currently own a 2k gaming pc but if the money difference is worth it I plan on selling it and make a new one solely for playing and streaming LoL "

I don't see anything about cheapest possible build. Word your questions better if you want the best help. I was talking about the person with offer for 1.2k if you took offense to that.
December 4, 2012 2:59:33 PM

samuelspark said:
"I currently own a 2k gaming pc but if the money difference is worth it I plan on selling it and make a new one solely for playing and streaming LoL "

I don't see anything about cheapest possible build. Word your questions better if you want the best help. I was talking about the person with offer for 1.2k if you took offense to that.

"I'm looking to stream LoL in 720p and wanted to know the cheapest possible build, I have 8mb upload which should be sufficient"

You shouldn't take the last sentence of my post and disregard all the rest and it wasn't offensive it just looks to me you're not trying to help in any way
December 4, 2012 3:11:40 PM

Stevy said:
"I'm looking to stream LoL in 720p and wanted to know the cheapest possible build, I have 8mb upload which should be sufficient"

You shouldn't take the last sentence of my post and disregard all the rest and it wasn't offensive it just looks to me you're not trying to help in any way

I already said it's not worth the money. If you want to ignore me that's fine.
December 4, 2012 3:22:54 PM

samuelspark said:
I already said it's not worth the money. If you want to ignore me that's fine.

That's your opinion, in the mean time I still don't know how what kind of pc is needed nor how much it would costs,
if it's worth it or not is my choice
!