Wireless Network not found

kalrani

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Hello,
I have a DELL Latitude 630 running Windows Vista. I checked into a hotel and just cannot find the wifi network on this laptop..IT is a named network and yet all i see is an unnamed network on my list of networks found. My blackberry device can easily locate the network..but the laptop simply refuses. I have tried restarting, playing around with the advanced propoerties of the wifi adapter but all in vain. I can use the office wifi ont he same laptop without any issue..but not in my hotel. Can somebody help?

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

I have the same D630 laptop. Under networks, all available networks will be displayed including the security enabled networks.

It is quite possible that the wireless was turned OFF, temporarily unavailable, or the access is room specific. Your best bet is to contact the front desk and ask them about wireless access to your room.

kalrani

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011

unfortunately none of the conditions were true--
1) other people were using the wifi network of the hotel in the lobby - i was in the lobby too
2) wifi network was on and i could see a unnamed network in place of the named network (providing a name also did not work)
3) i installed a wifi monitoring tool called netsurveyor but it could not detect the network as well
4) i reinstalled all the wifi drivers from dell.com
5) i have never faced this problem ever in any country
6)) i even banged my head on the laptop to see if that works!

TRENDING THREADS