Are these specs good for the modern gaming?

kyleclippers

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
I am 15 years old and i have researched upon parts to be able to build my computer. Atm i have a laptop which isn't as good as i want it to be so i went with the obvious option of building a computer (as it's cheaper) I have been sent to this website to give me information on the specs of my computer and what can be improved upon. also i am a pc gamer and that is the main reason why i am getting a new computer.

Graphics card...MSI GTX660 Ti PE OC NVIDIA Graphics Card - 2GB
Processor...Intel CPU Core i5 3470 Quad Core Processor
RAM...Corsair Memory Vengeance Low Profile Blue 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 XMP Dual Channel Desktop
MotherBoard...Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 Socket 1155 Motherboard USB 3.0 SATA 3
Power supply...BN108 Pure Power L7 730W Continous Power Supply ErP
Hard Drive...Seagate ST31000524AS 1TB Hard Drive SATA 3 7200rpm 8ms OEM
Case...Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl Case with USB 3.0 New Version
Cooler Fan...Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler for All Intel/AMD CPU's
Windows 7

The total is all comes to is £800

p.s. I am aware of not have a sound system and monitor e.g. but i just want to know whether these specs are good for the price?

I have a few suggestions here.
A solid state drive (can be small, say 64GB although the standard now is about 120GB) for your operating system will make the computer 'feel' more responsive. Keep your data and programs on the 1TB HDD.
You have a locked processor chosen (cannot be overclocked) so the CM Hyper212 isn't really needed. The stock Intel HSF should work fine (comes with the processor).
Motherboard, there is an issue, not too bad but... the Z77, H77, B75 chipsets compliment the 3470 processor better than the Z68 chipset. I would recommend looking at those motherboards

Overall, it looks pretty good
Now I have one last suggestion, re-post your question in the Systems section (here http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-31.html ) with a catchy title like "New build what would you change?" There are a lot of very informed people lurking in that section (more so than here)