Sign in with
Your question

My Video card doesn't work

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 9, 2012 5:43:01 PM

I really will apreiciate any good ideea on this problem. It drive me crazy and i run out of option.
This is my sistem setup :

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P (rev 1.0)
CPU : Intel® Core™ i3-2100 Processor (3M Cache, 3.10 GHz)
Memory : 2 x 4GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz
Video: Sapphire HD5830 1GB GDDR5
HDD: 1 x Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB 10000RPM (i put Win on this HDD)
1 x Western Digital 1000GB 7200RPM
1 x Western Digital 500GB 7200RPM
DVDRW: LG 16x
Power supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 750
Monitor: LG Flatron E2211

What is my problem? Well when i connect the video card on the motherboard it doent do anything. The sistem start with the onboard motherboard no matter what i try.

What i do ?
First i buy the motherboard few weeks ago because my system stop working and i believe that my old motherboard was crash. I put everything on it and the video card refuse to start. So i was thinking was the video card. I sent it back to shop and they return it saying that all the test was ok. (PCMARK 2011).
Second i was thinking is the motherboard with the problem so i borrow a lower video card from a friend and test it. It work fine. The video i borrowed didn't require a additional supply power so my next thought was the power supply (especially the cable). So i went out and buy new cables.
This morning i removed all the components from the motherboard and put the video card in PCI EXPRESS8x and the sistem (without HDD) start.
To be honest it should start on PCI-Express16x but i dont know why he didnt.
I assembly the sistem again put the HDD back and again the video didnt start. I watch out to be sure everything is connected.
I even clear and reset the bios and set it right. I update a night before to the last patch.
It drive me crazy and i really dont know what to do ..PLS HELP with any ideea

More about : video card work

October 9, 2012 6:22:24 PM

Is there any warranty for your video card? If it's not old then I would give the manufacturer of your video card a call and check.
October 9, 2012 7:55:00 PM

yes the video card is in warranty ..i check it is ok
October 9, 2012 8:24:16 PM

Terraking said:
yes the video card is in warranty ..i check it is ok

Ask them if they can repair your video card or replace it for a new one.
!