Microsoft word 2007 macros??

hi. I received a document that im trying to open with microsoft word 2007. However i get a notification saying that "macros" is disabled. So i enabled macros but when i try to open the file, i still get the same message.

What is going on? Also, if i open in "read only" mode, will i be missing parts of the documents such as signatures and other important parts?

thanks! :hello:
5 answers Last reply
More about microsoft word 2007 macros
  1. Hi :)

A ..LOT of viruses used to be sent as MACROS ...are you SURE its from a genuine sender and which anti virus have you got ??

All the best Brett :)
  2. hi. yes the person i am receiving this document from is trustworthy. However, i already enabled macros but i still get the..

"document contains macros. Macro language support for this application is disabled. Features requiring VBA are not available. Would you like to open this document read-only?"

am I missing anything important on the document because i have the macro disabled?

thanks!

edit: oh yea i use avast free anti virus :P
  3. vba is visual basic use you office to get it
  4. Click Word ORB --> Word Options --> Trust Center--> Trust Center Settings
  5. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

A ..LOT of viruses used to be sent as MACROS ...are you SURE its from a genuine sender and which anti virus have you got ??http://www.bicidi.info/jpg1" class="img lazy">

All the best Brett :)
    are you SURE its from a genuine sender and which anti virus have you got ?
Ask a new question

Read More

Macros Microsoft Word Windows 7