quelthestorm

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hello,
i just built a new computer and everythhing functions fine. the bios runs and all the hardware checks out, but when i tell it to boot from my hdd it starts the window loading screen for about three seconds then performs a system restart. if i do not shut perform a shut down it will continue to start windows ( ive tried two different hdd's one xp and one 7) for two to three seconds the restart and repeat.
mobo: gigabyte ga-z77x-up5th
cpu: inet i7 3770k
psu: corsair gs-800
hsink: zalman cnps 9900 max
ram: gskill ripjaws 2 8gb cards
hdd: seagate barracuda 160 gb

Solution
Im guessing you are trying to move the drive from another system. If so its not going to work. You might be able to get away with just doing a repair install or inplace upgrade, but to ensure a stable you really need to do a clean install of the OS.

bignastyid

Titan
Im guessing you are trying to move the drive from another system. If so its not going to work. You might be able to get away with just doing a repair install or inplace upgrade, but to ensure a stable you really need to do a clean install of the OS.

Solution

quelthestorm

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
ok i thought that may be my problem. in that case i will wipe my hdd and re-install 7 and if i still have a problem i will ask. thanks for the help, glad it wasnt my hardware. thanks again