Sign in with
Your question

CD drive won't eject with button

Last response: in Storage
December 1, 2001 11:46:59 PM

Hi all,

I have a Hitachi DVD GD-2000 drive. I'm running Win XP on an ASUS A7A266 mobo. I'm experiencing a weird problem. My drive will not open if I push the eject button. It only does it a times However, I can eject the drive sucessfully if I do it via Windows Explorer.

thanks for any tips..

--sign here--
"I used Thevenin to simplify my motherboard's circuits."
--by me--

More about : drive eject button

December 2, 2001 2:18:58 AM

I had the same problem under win2K with a creative drive. Turned out the problem was that the OS didn't support the drive. Does XP support your drive?

Wabbit season! Duck season! AMD season! INTEL season!
Hmmmph--whatever...
Related resources
December 3, 2001 8:55:04 AM

a 32 inch pry bar might remedy your problem.

<font color=red><b><i>you</i> keep talking and i'll pretend i'm listening.</b></font color=red>
December 3, 2001 10:48:23 AM

Try installing updated IDE device drivers.

<font color=blue>Another waste of bandwidth on the web. :tongue: </font color=blue>
December 3, 2001 12:45:59 PM

I haven't checked for any updated drives, yet. But I figured since Win XP detected the drive correctly that it installed the right drivers for it. I guess I have to check Hitachi's site. However, I don't think I'll have much luck since this drive is fairly old. The only reason why I got it is because it matches with my black system.

Hitachi GD-2000

Thanks..

--sign here--
"I used Thevenin to simplify my motherboard's circuits."
--by me--
December 4, 2001 12:43:08 PM

I also had that problem, I solved it by hitting the drive with my fist...now it works.
must have been some lose connection or something,there is propably much better ways to solve this kind of problem than beating the crap out of the drive.

Hmph.
!