NTFS on USB2.0 removable disk

Hi,
There is anyone that know how to use NTFS over a USB2.0 removable disk?
I have tried in various mode without result.
The only way to use the external drive in Windows XP is formatting it with
FAT32 file system
Can anyone help me?
I have win xp pro sp1a (windows update updated.)
Thank
4 answers Last reply
More about ntfs usb2 removable disk

    "darkeagle" <darkeagle@italy.it> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > There is anyone that know how to use NTFS over a USB2.0 removable disk?
    > I have tried in various mode without result.
    > The only way to use the external drive in Windows XP is formatting it with
    > FAT32 file system
    > Can anyone help me?
    > I have win xp pro sp1a (windows update updated.)
    > Thank

    You haven't said what kind of USB2.0 removable disk you have.

    If you have an IDE drive in a caddy then you can extract the drive, and plug
    it
    into an internal IDE connector (or whatever), and format it as NTFS and then
    put it back in the caddy and it'll work if connected via USB.

    If you have a flash storage device then you could try Linux as it supports
    captive-ntfs and is probably less fusy about removable or not, and might
    be able to do what you want.

    There may be a better method that I'm not aware of, anyone ?

    Brian
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    I have found that even that the NTFS is not shown under format you can use
    'convert x: /fs:ntfs' from 'run' to change many types of removable drives,
    including ZIP drives and USB Thumb drives - also known as Pen, Memory or
    Flash drives.

    --
    Pavel

    "darkeagle" <darkeagle@italy.it> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > There is anyone that know how to use NTFS over a USB2.0 removable disk?
    > I have tried in various mode without result.
    > The only way to use the external drive in Windows XP is formatting it with
    > FAT32 file system
    > Can anyone help me?
    > I have win xp pro sp1a (windows update updated.)
    > Thank

  3. please serch for the divice
  4. how to the windows xp

Drivers NTFS Removable Disk Windows XP