Sign in with
Your question

Loads (sometimes), reboots, won't post

Last response: in Systems
December 1, 2012 7:17:07 AM

Up until a couple of days ago, my computer has given me no troubles at all. However, recently, my computer has had troubles posting. When it would post and load, it would stay in the OS for anywhere from 3 minutes to 30 minutes, and crash. Once that happened, it usually didn't post at all. When you get it to post, it would go to the recovery screen, and try to restore windows to several weeks ago.
I tried doing that once, however, the problem reappeared later. I tried unseating everything, dusting it out, and reseating everything, and the problem still occurs. I ran memtest, however, that provided inconclusive. I have 2 4GB sticks in the correct slots. When stick one and two was alone in slot 2, it would not give any error. When stick 1 was in slot 4, it didn't give an error, and when stick 2 was in slot 4, a couple of time it gave several thousand errors. However, other times it would give no error. Usually once the errors started rolling in, it would force a reboot again and not post. It would never stick around with the errors on screen.

I'm not even sure if the memory is the problem, but it was the first place to start. I ordered some new RAM, but it takes a week or two to come in, so I'm asking here while waiting. My specs are below:

Windows 8 Pro
Intel Core i5-2500K
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155
NVidia 8800GTS 512MB ( i know...)
Crucial M4 64GB SATA III SSD
ASUS Xonar Essence STX

all in a COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced

More about : loads reboots post

December 2, 2012 12:24:31 AM

Just to add to my problem, I slightly bumped into it with my computer, and it instantly reset itself and didn't post. Something is being extremely sensitive...
!