RTCW questions for wolfenstein (i wanna go faster)

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

YO, I hav one of those uber-fast conneections, but RTCW still runds
pretty slow, and it freezes a lot especially on games where there are
lots of players. Can this be helped? How can I get a faster
connection?

On Sat, 01 May 2004 15:10:38 -0700, SuperOutland wrote:

> YO, I hav one of those uber-fast conneections, but RTCW still runds
> pretty slow, and it freezes a lot especially on games where there are
> lots of players. Can this be helped? How can I get a faster
> connection?

Get a faster computer.

Linux Registered User #327951

Dan C <youmustbejoking@invalid.org> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.05.02.00.19.54.918632@invalid.org>...
> On Sat, 01 May 2004 15:10:38 -0700, SuperOutland wrote:
>
> > YO, I hav one of those uber-fast conneections, but RTCW still runds
> > pretty slow, and it freezes a lot especially on games where there are
> > lots of players. Can this be helped? How can I get a faster
> > connection?
>
> Get a faster computer.

Well it even say my ping is low.

"SuperOutland" <superoutland@aol.com> schreef in bericht
> Dan C <youmustbejoking@invalid.org> wrote in message
> > On Sat, 01 May 2004 15:10:38 -0700, SuperOutland wrote:
> >
> > > YO, I hav one of those uber-fast conneections, but RTCW still runds
> > > pretty slow, and it freezes a lot especially on games where there are
> > > lots of players. Can this be helped? How can I get a faster
> > > connection?
> >
> > Get a faster computer.
>
> Well it even say my ping is low.

Low ping good
High ping bad.

=A|A=Blitzkrieg

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Make sure you're connection is set to DSL or whatever you got and not modem.

"SuperOutland" <superoutland@aol.com> wrote in message
> YO, I hav one of those uber-fast conneections, but RTCW still runds
> pretty slow, and it freezes a lot especially on games where there are
> lots of players. Can this be helped? How can I get a faster
> connection?

Nitro

superoutland@aol.com (SuperOutland) wrote in message news:<e91ad9af.0405011410.17c7898a@posting.google.com>...
> YO, I hav one of those uber-fast conneections, but RTCW still runds
> pretty slow, and it freezes a lot especially on games where there are
> lots of players. Can this be helped? How can I get a faster
> connection?

Make sure you are actually getting the bandwidth you think you should
be getting with your connection. Test it before you launch the game.
Make sure no other services are running on your connection (like other
people in your house using the connection the same time you are).

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

superoutland@aol.com (SuperOutland) wrote:

>YO, I hav one of those uber-fast conneections, but RTCW still runds
>pretty slow, and it freezes a lot especially on games where there are
>lots of players. Can this be helped? How can I get a faster
>connection?

You could try some of the connection tweaks suggested here:

http://wolf.dehn.net/tweak.php

Tim
--
Love is a travelator.

Tim Auton <tim.auton@uton.[groupSexWithoutTheY]> wrote in message news:<kvlc90ljmsgc4oph5gk2ld9ngl14t7u7md@4ax.com>...
> superoutland@aol.com (SuperOutland) wrote:
>
> >YO, I hav one of those uber-fast conneections, but RTCW still runds
> >pretty slow, and it freezes a lot especially on games where there are
> >lots of players. Can this be helped? How can I get a faster
> >connection?
>
> You could try some of the connection tweaks suggested here:
>
> http://wolf.dehn.net/tweak.php
>

> Tim

NO I think its not my connection if low ping is good. Its just my
computer. Anyhow, I got some video card forceware and also made all
the setting in the game at fastest with shittiest graphics, and
turning off timers and all unnecessary graphics except for that of my
gun. IT works a lot better now but any more advice would help.

Thanks anyway though

Dan C wrote:

>> NO I think its not my connection if low ping is good.
>> Its just my computer. Anyhow, I got some video card
>> forceware and also made all the setting in the game at
>> fastest with shittiest graphics, and turning off timers
>> and all unnecessary graphics except for that of my gun.
>> IT works a lot better now but any more advice would
>> help.

> Get a faster computer.

True.
And this isn't the first time Dan tells it to you...

Vilco

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

"Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.org> schreef in bericht
> On Mon, 03 May 2004 13:34:31 -0700, SuperOutland wrote:
>
> > NO I think its not my connection if low ping is good. Its just my
> > computer. Anyhow, I got some video card forceware and also made all
> > the setting in the game at fastest with shittiest graphics, and
> > turning off timers and all unnecessary graphics except for that of my
> > gun. IT works a lot better now but any more advice would help.
>
> Get a faster computer.
>
> --
> If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
> Linux Registered User #327951

Why don't give us some specs of your hardware so we can help better.

In the meantime get rid of any spy ware and stuff like that because it uses
bandwidth that you can spend in a better way.

=A|A=Blitzkrieg

Windows Registered User #595311346843521

On Mon, 03 May 2004 23:37:40 +0200, =A|A=Blitzkrieg wrote:

>> Get a faster computer.

> Why don't give us some specs of your hardware so we can help better.

Why are you replying to me? I don't have the problem.

> In the meantime get rid of any spy ware and stuff like that because it
> uses bandwidth that you can spend in a better way.

I don't have any spyware, as I use Linux. Not a bad idea for the OP to
check on, though.

"Nitro" <jtechmart@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> superoutland@aol.com (SuperOutland) wrote in message
> > YO, I hav one of those uber-fast conneections, but RTCW still runds
> > pretty slow, and it freezes a lot especially on games where there are
> > lots of players. Can this be helped? How can I get a faster
> > connection?
>
> Make sure you are actually getting the bandwidth you think you should
> be getting with your connection. Test it before you launch the game.
> Make sure no other services are running on your connection (like other
> people in your house using the connection the same time you are).

You need at least 512 MB ram if you are running WIn XP

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

> Get a better video card. Get some more RAM too.
> My son runs RTCW on his 1.2g machine with a Gforce2 card and 512 mb
> ram. It runs ok.

The game runs pretty fine now. For some reason it goes faster on DSL
than it does cable. FOr some reason it jsut doesnt get as choppy
anymore