Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hd7850/hd7870 brand question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 109 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 12:07:20 AM

Hi all - i5-3570k, 8g ddr3ram, 2- 500g spin type int hdd, 160g + 200g external hdd, lg dvd/cd drive, gigabyte ga z77 dh3 mobo, seasonic x-650 PSU

I've been planning on adding(approx Oct 25 purch date) either hd7850 or 7870 (7770 if finances dictate), my question is:

I saw a post on another discussion where someone was advising the thread originator to avoid XFX on AMD cards.

Since that is one of the brands I was most considering (because of the lifetime warranty on some models), why should I avoid XFX.

appreciate any insight you may have

Thanx

Tom
October 10, 2012 1:52:18 AM

XFX is a good brand but it is quite pricey and they focus more on Nvidia cards.
My suggestion for you would be Sapphire or MSI. They are quite cheaper than ASUS and XFX but still performs the same! I have my Sapphire HD 6870 and I think it's good! Hope this helps!
a c 109 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 11:40:30 AM

Hi Ramjo - Thanx - Yes that helps. I will add Sapphire & MSI to my slection possibilities.
Wish I knew what the other poster had aginst XFX.

Tom
Related resources
a c 185 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 11:56:17 AM

Generally Asus,MSI,Sapphire have a high track record of being very reliable i don't see anything wrong with XFX though maybe the OP that said this to you was a fanboy of another company i honestly don't know.
a c 109 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 12:22:47 PM

bigcyco1 said:
Generally Asus,MSI,Sapphire have a high track record of being very reliable i don't see anything wrong with XFX though maybe the OP that said this to you was a fanboy of another company i honestly don't know.

Thanx - good to know, yeah he mighta had a bad experience himself.

Tom
a c 75 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 12:35:39 PM

RamjoTejada said:
XFX is a good brand but it is quite pricey and they focus more on Nvidia cards.

:heink: 
XFX don't make any Nvidia cards.

XFX is pretty good but tends to be a little more expensive than eg. Sapphire without really being worth the extra money.
a c 109 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 12:42:13 PM

Sakkura said:

XFX is pretty good but tends to be a little more expensive than eg. Sapphire without really being worth the extra money.

Thanx RamjoTejada - Good to get folks not sounding quality alarm with XFX, which was my concern when I read the other post.
Yeah, they do seem pricier, but with the $30 mir they end up being close($10-$20) to the others mentioned and offer lifetime
warranty on the models I am considering.
Tom
a c 109 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 12:47:18 PM

Sakkura said:

Hi Sakkura - meant to address you (not Ramjo) on my previous post, sorry for the slip up.

Tom

Best solution

a c 75 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 1:01:39 PM

Pricing always varies, so if a good deal turns up on an XFX card there's no reason to skip it.

You may notice my avatar is a graphics card. It is in fact the XFX Radeon HD 6850 that I use in my system. It happened to be the cheapest one with a big cooler when I was shopping for a new graphics card, so it's the one I went with. It's done very well so far. Gets a little noisy when highly overclocked and running furmark, but that's to be expected really.
a c 109 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 1:04:28 PM

Best answer selected by toyftw.
!