  • Outlook 2002
Last response: in Brands
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 5:12:59 AM

Hi

I have some trouble syncronizing my 7610 with Outlook 2002. I use the
original DCU cable that came with my telephone. I use PC Suite 6.41.
What happens is if I try to sync, the sync icon only flashes for a few
seconds, and nothing else happens.

My OS is windows xp sp1.

Any suggestions?

More about : sync trouble nokia 7610

March 3, 2005 12:20:20 PM

Frank G wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some trouble syncronizing my 7610 with Outlook 2002. I use the
> original DCU cable that came with my telephone. I use PC Suite 6.41.
> What happens is if I try to sync, the sync icon only flashes for a
few
> seconds, and nothing else happens.
>
> My OS is windows xp sp1.
>
> Any suggestions?

Frank,

I am having problems with my 3120 doing the same thing. I have found
that when I am logged locally onto a system, the sync program goes
through the setup screens automatically and they process works
correctly. On the other hand, when I am logged onto the network with a
2003 server running active directory, the sync icon acts like it is
working but nothing happens. No configuration screens appear, it's as
though it has already been configured, which it hasn't. The
information in the registry on my XP system doesn't read in plain
english either.

My system is XP (SP2), current on all critical updates, Trend
OfficeScan.

Nokia support can walk me through the configuration screens to ensure
that the cable is connected and that the program is routed to the
correct port. They say that the program is not very aggressive and can
get cancelled out by another similiar process, or an anti-virus
program(which I disabled on network logon, but didn't when logged on
locally).

I am researching this issue currently, maybe someone has found a
workaround without having to log on locally every time a sync is
needed.
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 4:30:15 AM

sorry there's a bit sidetrack on the issue.

i m currently using 6600, do backup my data using PC suite.
i m considering to get 7610.
but as far as I know, 7610 is using another version of PC suite, can i
restore the data (backup from my 6600) on 7610?