Sign in with
Your question

[POLL] 3 Video Cards for a $1,200 Gaming Computer. Which is best?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays

What video card would fit that build linked at the very top? THANKS!

Total: 0 vote

• XFX Radeon HD 7970
  • 0 %
  • Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
  • 0 %
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 670
  • 0 %
October 10, 2012 12:18:03 AM
October 10, 2012 12:39:14 AM

3 video cards? so triple sli or xfire i assume? lol nice!

I would go with GTX 670 if your a gamer. PhysX engine intergration on games that support, enhances gameplay with adding more realistic effects.

Check out BorderLands 2 running PhysX Engine!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFkDrKvBRU
a b U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 12:49:20 AM

+1 for the 670
Related resources
October 10, 2012 3:25:24 AM

Sapphire.
a c 186 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 3:37:38 AM

Depends if it's just for gaming and what res monitor here how i would pick if it's just for gaming click on image to enlarge

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
October 10, 2012 3:45:56 AM

I'd get the 670 with 4gb
a c 186 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 3:47:49 AM

Hiii said:
That's a 660 vs 7870 comparison.
doesn't matter it will be the same in games different games favor different hardware ;) 
a c 106 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 3:55:18 AM

The Sapphire and EVGA would get usually trustworthy service being 2 of the more popular choices on each side of the spectrum. The XFX one should be the fastest out of the box with a single lifetime warranty. Though I think the EVGA card is the reference card, anybody wanna confirm that?
a c 186 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 4:01:44 AM

@hiii grow the hell up because you don't like something you thumbs down it your a punk
October 10, 2012 4:08:10 AM

dudewitbow said:
The Sapphire and EVGA would get usually trustworthy service being 2 of the more popular choices on each side of the spectrum. The XFX one should be the fastest out of the box with a single lifetime warranty. Though I think the EVGA card is the reference card, anybody wanna confirm that?

Yeap, Sapphire :D 
the XFX IMO would be a bit of a gamble though, even though it has lifetime warranty, I have a feeling that you might have to send it for RMA quite a few times in it's lifetime
October 10, 2012 4:08:35 AM

bigcyco1 said:
@hiii grow the hell up because you don't like something you thumbs down it your a punk

I didn't want to thumb down i missclicked the thumbdown button, and i cant undo it, sorry.
a b U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 4:19:33 AM

GTX 670!!
a b U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 4:30:39 AM

The sapphire is the best of all three.It has the best performance at stock and when overclocked and also has one of the best coolers.
a c 186 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 4:36:47 AM

I really don't think this is a smart way to pick your card no offense i would do lots of research and then pick what's best for you mate.
a c 92 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 5:18:41 AM

bigcyco1 said:
I really don't think this is a smart way to pick your card no offense i would do lots of research and then pick what's best for you mate.

well they are all good cards so this might not be a bad way. My vote goes to the sapphire 7970 tho.
a c 186 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 5:23:00 AM

esrever said:
well they are all good cards so this might not be a bad way. My vote goes to the sapphire 7970 tho.
Yeah i guess your right OP you really can't go with any of them :) 
a b U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 5:41:00 AM

+1 to sapphire. Cooler is great, however if you want best performance out of the box your best bet is most likely the XFX card. Their cooler is also good as well.
a b U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 5:53:09 AM

As much as I love the GTX 670 (I have one myself), I think the Sapphire 7970 is a better buy now, especially after AMD's driver updates.
October 10, 2012 12:11:58 PM

bigcyco1 said:

Well, this is my first computer build, and therefore I am pretty ignorant in terms of reading specs of video cards and how they apply to what I will use them for. So, I am trying to get a knowledable communities input on the issue. Is that not a form of research? If you don't know something, usually the easiest way to gain insight is to ask people who do know the subject better. I hope that makes sense. THANKS!
a c 186 U Graphics card
October 10, 2012 12:14:59 PM

beegeepee said:
Well, this is my first computer build, and therefore I am pretty ignorant in terms of reading specs of video cards and how they apply to what I will use them for. So, I am trying to get a knowledable communities input on the issue. Is that not a form of research? If you don't know something, usually the easiest way to gain insight is to ask people who do know the subject better. I hope that makes sense. THANKS!
No that makes sense it's just there is allot of bias people on this site :lol:  but you can't go wrong with any those choices ;) 
October 10, 2012 1:02:39 PM

beegeepee said:

Well, if not for the community here, I would have gone through with my 8 stage upgrade program for my Pentium 4 that would have cost way....more than grabbing a 2d hand Core2 from a friend a few years ago :lol: 
!