[POLL] 3 Video Cards for a $1,200 Gaming Computer. Which is best?

What video card would fit that build linked at the very top? THANKS!

• Total voters
The Sapphire and EVGA would get usually trustworthy service being 2 of the more popular choices on each side of the spectrum. The XFX one should be the fastest out of the box with a single lifetime warranty. Though I think the EVGA card is the reference card, anybody wanna confirm that?

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

Yeap, Sapphire :D
the XFX IMO would be a bit of a gamble though, even though it has lifetime warranty, I have a feeling that you might have to send it for RMA quite a few times in it's lifetime

Hiii

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

I didn't want to thumb down i missclicked the thumbdown button, and i cant undo it, sorry.

well they are all good cards so this might not be a bad way. My vote goes to the sapphire 7970 tho.

JJ1217

Honorable
+1 to sapphire. Cooler is great, however if you want best performance out of the box your best bet is most likely the XFX card. Their cooler is also good as well.

beegeepee

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012

Well, this is my first computer build, and therefore I am pretty ignorant in terms of reading specs of video cards and how they apply to what I will use them for. So, I am trying to get a knowledable communities input on the issue. Is that not a form of research? If you don't know something, usually the easiest way to gain insight is to ask people who do know the subject better. I hope that makes sense. THANKS!

No that makes sense it's just there is allot of bias people on this site :lol: but you can't go wrong with any those choices ;)

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

Well, if not for the community here, I would have gone through with my 8 stage upgrade program for my Pentium 4 that would have cost way....more than grabbing a 2d hand Core2 from a friend a few years ago :lol: