[POLL] 3 Video Cards for a $1,200 Gaming Computer. Which is best?

21 answers Last reply
More about poll video cards gaming computer best
  1. 3 video cards? so triple sli or xfire i assume? lol nice!

I would go with GTX 670 if your a gamer. PhysX engine intergration on games that support, enhances gameplay with adding more realistic effects.

Check out BorderLands 2 running PhysX Engine!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFkDrKvBRU
  2. +1 for the 670
  3. Sapphire.
  4. Depends if it's just for gaming and what res monitor here how i would pick if it's just for gaming click on image to enlarge http://imageshack.us/a/img854/2592/2066vs787big.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  5. bigcyco1 said:
    Depends if it's just for gaming and what res monitor here how i would pick if it's just for gaming click on image to enlarge http://imageshack.us/a/img854/2592/2066vs787big.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's a 660 vs 7870 comparison.
  6. I'd get the 670 with 4gb
  7. Hiii said:
    That's a 660 vs 7870 comparison.
    doesn't matter it will be the same in games different games favor different hardware ;)
  8. The Sapphire and EVGA would get usually trustworthy service being 2 of the more popular choices on each side of the spectrum. The XFX one should be the fastest out of the box with a single lifetime warranty. Though I think the EVGA card is the reference card, anybody wanna confirm that?
  9. @hiii grow the hell up because you don't like something you thumbs down it your a punk
  10. dudewitbow said:
    The Sapphire and EVGA would get usually trustworthy service being 2 of the more popular choices on each side of the spectrum. The XFX one should be the fastest out of the box with a single lifetime warranty. Though I think the EVGA card is the reference card, anybody wanna confirm that?

Yeap, Sapphire :D
    the XFX IMO would be a bit of a gamble though, even though it has lifetime warranty, I have a feeling that you might have to send it for RMA quite a few times in it's lifetime
  11. bigcyco1 said:
    @hiii grow the hell up because you don't like something you thumbs down it your a punk

I didn't want to thumb down i missclicked the thumbdown button, and i cant undo it, sorry.
  12. GTX 670!!
  13. The sapphire is the best of all three.It has the best performance at stock and when overclocked and also has one of the best coolers.
  14. I really don't think this is a smart way to pick your card no offense i would do lots of research and then pick what's best for you mate.
  15. bigcyco1 said:
    I really don't think this is a smart way to pick your card no offense i would do lots of research and then pick what's best for you mate.

well they are all good cards so this might not be a bad way. My vote goes to the sapphire 7970 tho.
  16. esrever said:
    well they are all good cards so this might not be a bad way. My vote goes to the sapphire 7970 tho.
    Yeah i guess your right OP you really can't go with any of them :)
  17. +1 to sapphire. Cooler is great, however if you want best performance out of the box your best bet is most likely the XFX card. Their cooler is also good as well.
  18. As much as I love the GTX 670 (I have one myself), I think the Sapphire 7970 is a better buy now, especially after AMD's driver updates.
  19. bigcyco1 said:
    I really don't think this is a smart way to pick your card no offense i would do lots of research and then pick what's best for you mate.

Well, this is my first computer build, and therefore I am pretty ignorant in terms of reading specs of video cards and how they apply to what I will use them for. So, I am trying to get a knowledable communities input on the issue. Is that not a form of research? If you don't know something, usually the easiest way to gain insight is to ask people who do know the subject better. I hope that makes sense. THANKS!
  20. beegeepee said:
    Well, this is my first computer build, and therefore I am pretty ignorant in terms of reading specs of video cards and how they apply to what I will use them for. So, I am trying to get a knowledable communities input on the issue. Is that not a form of research? If you don't know something, usually the easiest way to gain insight is to ask people who do know the subject better. I hope that makes sense. THANKS!
    No that makes sense it's just there is allot of bias people on this site :lol: but you can't go wrong with any those choices ;)
  21. beegeepee said:

Well, if not for the community here, I would have gone through with my 8 stage upgrade program for my Pentium 4 that would have cost way....more than grabbing a 2d hand Core2 from a friend a few years ago :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Radeon Graphics Product