Computer noob

Decxver

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I'm trying to build a high-end computer but I'm pretty new to all of this. Where can I go to read up on this do some research? I want to learn more about building computers, the system, the different components, etc.

Decxver

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I'm in New York. I'm in the U.S.
Okay, so 1700 is a bit too much. When I said high-end, I meant a computer that can handle pretty much any game nicely.
Anyways, for now, I'm just gonna read up on what you guys linked me with.

Decxver

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I'm willing to spend about 1300-1500.
When I mean running a game nicely, I mean running the game on high settings and running it very smoothly.
Possibly games like Call of Duty, Assassin's creed, Hitman, Battlefield, etc.

Decxver

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I'm not entirely sure how to do SLI or overclock.
From what I know SLI is when you have two graphics card sharing their load and overclocking is when you work your components past the intended mark.
Something like that. I'm not entirely sure what does are, more or less how to do it.

overclocking is basically increasing the factory speed of a CPU or a graphics card to get more performance. safe as long as you dont over do stuff like voltage

SLi is easy. get another video card of the same model, slot it in, connect the cables, go to the nvidia control panel and set up SLI. you then get double the performance of one card. good way to upgrade when you need more fps

Decxver

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I don't think I'll be overclocking.
I was just wondering if I should get an i5 or and i7 processor? My friend told me to get the i7 but a lot of people on this forums are recommending i5.

overclocking is to increase CPU performance for free as long as you have the hardware that is necessary.

SLI is to run 2 video cards at once to double graphical performance. depends if you want to add a video card 2-3 years down the road or get a completely new card

Decxver

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I see. So, the third build is really cheap but really efficient? I'm kinda scared that if it isn't powerful enough some of my games will lag because I tend to run many programs at once.